Windows 10: Opening applications

Discus and support Opening applications in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive gone in settings and I found old applications I downloaded but I dont want to uninstall them without knowing what im uninstalling. I want to know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ABigSadJoke, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Opening applications

Ive gone in settings and I found old applications I downloaded but I dont want to uninstall them without knowing what im uninstalling. I want to know if theres a way to find them easily

submitted by /u/ABigSadJoke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ABigSadJoke, Dec 3, 2020
  2. tdehan Win User

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Dec 3, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Opening applications

How: Open Two Application

How: Open Two Application

Is there a way to open two application of the same application? example... I want to open two Utorrent... another example.... I want to open two CCleaner.

Is there a way to open two application of the same application? If so.... how?

HiddenStupid, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Opening applications

1. Opening applications - Similar Threads - Opening applications

2. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  3. Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh Windows 11 only works on first boot, if I restart I am not able to open any applications: I fresh installed windows 11 and it works immediately, but if I reboot my system it will only allow me about 3 seconds before all functions stop working. The computer works in safe mode/scannow comes up with no issuesI get a list of DCOM errors that are not resolved with...
  4. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  5. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.: When I login to my computer I can see my desktop and move my mouse around but when I try to open or load any apps or programs it will not load any of them. I cannot load my settings or even shut down or restart my device from the desktop, only when I’m in the sign in page. If...
  6. Desktop will not load or open any applications after login.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error: Hi there,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 with Windows 11 Pro latest: 10.0.22631 Build 22631 running on it. For months I have this problem where almost all my open applications freeze, meaning it opens from the tray, but I can't interact with it at all e.g. Slack, Chrome,...
  8. Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error

Open applications randomly freeze for minutes without any error: Hi there,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad P14s Gen 3 with Windows 11 Pro latest: 10.0.22631 Build 22631 running on it. For months I have this problem where almost all my open applications freeze, meaning it opens from the tray, but I can't interact with it at all e.g. Slack, Chrome,...
  9. My computer will not open applications like discord and has failures when shutting down...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not open applications like discord and has failures when shutting down...: My computer was working fine but a few days without using it and when I booted it up there were weird errors. The opening of Discord has a failure to open and will eventually show the following error with status 0xc000012f. It then wont let discord or a few other applications...
  10. My computer will not open applications like discord and has failures when shutting down...

My computer will not open applications like discord and has failures when shutting down...: My computer was working fine but a few days without using it and when I booted it up there were weird errors. The opening of Discord has a failure to open and will eventually show the following error with status 0xc000012f. It then wont let discord or a few other applications...