Windows 10: Opening audio files is very slow

Discus and support Opening audio files is very slow in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been facing this issue for the last year or so. I've been able to solve it once and now it came back. I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by G4LL3N, May 26, 2020.

1. G4LL3N Win User

Opening audio files is very slow

Hi all,
    I've been facing this issue for the last year or so. I've been able to solve it once and now it came back.

I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen 3700x and Samsung SSD.
    All audio files which i'm trying to open is either not responding or takes at least a minute to open on my default player (used to be AIMP now on Winamp but the issue it still there).
    I've tried sfc /scannow and uninstalling and reinstalling my players or setting default types for app more than once, but didn't see any change.
    It happens with all types of audio files.

Let me know what I can try and do.

Thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

ignore this thread - it appers like setting AIMP as default resolved it.
    so strange.

:)

G4LL3N, May 26, 2020

2. "open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 26, 2020
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 26, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Exe file slow to open

Possible... I had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm, both, on different machines & times, misbehavin' and had to re-install them to set them right.
    Even after cleaning them out and re-setting them; they would still bog the file access times down and cause Windows Explorer (not ie) to be slow on opening and accessing, until re-installed.

If he turns off real-time detection it will not make any difference, as he has already been opening the file... he would/should have gotten an alert or warning if there were a problem with the file he is testing with.

Probably not; but, how much ram?
    What version of Windows?
    Where is you swap file located? What size?
    How full are your drives?
    What processor?
    Have you got the latest firmware for your SSD?
    Are your drivers up to date?
    Is your MB bios current?

Is the file an installation file, video file, etc? Does it use compression?

You need to goto User CP and put your system info there and then check the box to show the specs. The info will go a long way in helping some to diagnose your possible problem(s).

95Viper, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening audio files is very slow - Similar Threads - Opening audio files

2. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop: All of a sudden, I am experiencing extremely slow opening of all files whether opened from file explorer or the desktop. When I open any type of file from file explorer or desktop, I get a spinning wheel for about 50 seconds before even the program splash screen e.g. Word...
  3. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop: All of a sudden, I am experiencing extremely slow opening of all files whether opened from file explorer or the desktop. When I open any type of file from file explorer or desktop, I get a spinning wheel for about 50 seconds before even the program splash screen e.g. Word...
  4. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opening files from search results is very slow

Opening files from search results is very slow: We have lots of .jpg files saved across multiple network shares. One of our users will typically search for a particular .jpg and open it from the search results window.Recently, when opening directly from the search results window the picture viewer opens with a blank black...
  6. File explorer/search very very very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer/search very very very slow: Green search bar takes 10+ minutes to complete its progress across the bar .. working on it ... ..... it says - really i think!! Since 20H2 'update' the whole OS seems slow to respond and react, with all apps very slow - obviously suspect the file access an search as the...
  7. Opening files or saving files suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening files or saving files suddenly very slow: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unamplify [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6avxx/opening_files_or_saving_files_suddenly_very_slow/
  8. Very slow on file operrations

Very slow on file operrations: When copying files of any size, my system goes to 99% and then hangs there for about 10-30 seconds. Any operation causing a file rename has similar results. To make things faster I changed my two internal disks (1TB, 2TB) both to SSD's, no change. Copying files to the...
  9. File manager very slow

File manager very slow: In the last week or so certain operations whilst using File Manager are going very slow. I'm using a fully updated version of Windows 10 on a PC. Opening a file manager window works okay, but clicking 'New Folder' takes 20 seconds for the folder to appear. Deleting a file to...
  10. Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files

Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files: I have a Win10 PC on my network with some shared directories, the "server". The share I use most has 23,000 files in 600 folders. When I access that share from a Win 7 PC it opens pretty much instantly, but to open it from my Win 10 PC takes for ever. The green progress bar...