Windows 10: Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

Discus and support Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Earlier I started my laptop and a video I was last watching on my laptop started playing at the sign-in screen. This was really embarrassing as I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dan_OV, May 24, 2019.

1. Dan_OV Win User

Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

Earlier I started my laptop and a video I was last watching on my laptop started playing at the sign-in screen. This was really embarrassing as I was in a meeting and the sound playing was from mid-fight in a TV series, so characters were shouting 'motivations' at each other. I had to sign into the account as fast as possible to close the video that was playing, even though I never enabled any kind of setting for this to happen.

How do I disable this from ever happening again? I don't have chrome as a startup process and I can't find a windows setting to remove this.

:)

Dan_OV, May 24, 2019

2. Chrome starts on startup - WINDOWS 10

Hi Andre,

The browser that you are using might be activated at startup of your PC. If you want to disable this browser at startup, we suggest performing these steps:

• Go to task manager by pressing: Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc short key.
    • Click More details when the page appears. It's located at the bottom left of the page.
    • Select Startup on top of the page.
    • Click on the browser that you want to disable.
    • Hit the Disable at the bottom right of the page.

If the issue persist after this procedure, you can uninstall and reinstall the browser.

Let us know if this works for you.

Robert Caw, May 24, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 24, 2019
  4. Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

BF4 Browser Utility

New! BF4 Browser Utility v1.1

Change Log v1.1
    • New Features
      • New Switch to BF3/BF4 button.
      • New hyper-link to the Home thread in the About window.
    • Improvements.
      • Code optimization
    • Fixed Issues in previous release
      • Fixed - If Bf4 was open before the browser and the "Auto Refresh" was enabled the Battlelog page would not load properly.
    Download Here!

Mindweaver, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup

1. Opening Browser To Last Page On Startup - Similar Threads - Opening Browser Last

2. Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.: Whether I use MS Edge, or Firefox, or Chrome, or DuckDuckGo... When I start the apps they immediately pop open, and within 1 second the browser immediately closes, then within 2-3 seconds the browser reopens and seems to be working without major issues. This seemed to start...
  3. Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.: Whether I use MS Edge, or Firefox, or Chrome, or DuckDuckGo... When I start the apps they immediately pop open, and within 1 second the browser immediately closes, then within 2-3 seconds the browser reopens and seems to be working without major issues. This seemed to start...
  4. Browsers open, close then reopen on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Web pages not opening correctly on either browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web pages not opening correctly on either browser: This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in ___________________If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI get this error constantly, whether I am connected via wifi or hardline and in both edge and chrome. I also...
  6. Web pages not opening correctly on either browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web pages not opening correctly on either browser: This site can’t be reachedCheck if there is a typo in ___________________If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI get this error constantly, whether I am connected via wifi or hardline and in both edge and chrome. I also...
  7. Unwanted website automatically opening on browser startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted website automatically opening on browser startup: Every time I open Chrome after fully exiting it, a website called me.fo automatically opens. I used malwarebytes and hitmanpro but they didnt change the situation. I altered C/Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file by adding 127.0.0.1 me.fo at the end of it, but it didnt...
  8. MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSN page randomly opening no matter the browser: I read through a few suggestions on this matter and Stitches was the one that helped. Mine happened when i powered of my router, waited a minute and then repowered it, after 5 mins of sorting itself out, everything went back online and my PC opened chrome to MSN, my partner...
  9. Browser opens at startup with weird webpage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser opens at startup with weird webpage: This problem, I think, has started after upgrading to version 1903. When my PC starts, I get this webpage opened in my browser (Firefox): [ATTACH] I located the source and I have this startup process as shown by my task manager: [ATTACH] So am I facing a malware or...
  10. Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browser opening automatically to MSN at startup: I've seen this thread before but it was a year old. I have Windows 10 with Mozilla Firefox. The home page is set to Google and Firefox is not in the start menu. Recently when I started my computer the browser automatically opens to the MSN home page. I have scanned my...