Windows 10: Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

Discus and support Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good day, I'm stumped, and very frustrated, with this. Hoping this goes into the correct topic stream as I don't really know under what to search.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MariusFerreira, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

Good day, I'm stumped, and very frustrated, with this.

Hoping this goes into the correct topic stream as I don't really know under what to search.

When I open browsers Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer, after a while the internet connection for some programs is disabled:

- Outlook still have Office 2013

- Dropbox

- even Edge browser

- copying data directly from browser to Excel for example. This takes about 10 minutes before it is done, instead of immediately.

As with Opera disabling the <CTRL> <SHIFT> <END> combination for some stupid reason, I know the answer is out there.

But I've not been able to find it yet.

I would really appreciate some assistance.

:)

MariusFerreira, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store opening- Internet connection problem error code 0x80072efd

Hi Syed,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with accessing Microsoft Edge and Windows Store with error: 0x80072efd, we will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if you are using wired/ wireless internet connection on your device?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Use
    Internet Connection Troubleshooter.

Internet Connection Troubleshooter find and fix the problems with connecting to the internet or to websites.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Internet Connection Troubleshooter.
    • Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
      More Action at the right top corner.
    • Click on Settings, click on
      Choose what to clear
      under Clear browsing data.
    • Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
      Clear.
    • Close the browser and try to open it again.

Step 3: Run WSReset.exe .

• Press Windows+R key to open Run box
    • Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 20, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs

1. Opening browsers "disables" the internet connection for some programs - Similar Threads - Opening browsers disables

2. Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.: Windows shows no internet, but I can still browse with the web browser. Microsoft Store seems to work aswell. Windows Update does not work, so I can't install any updates. I get error code "0x80248007" on all the pending updates. I get no errors on device manager.Network...
  3. Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows shows no internet when connected to Wi-Fi, but browsers work including some programs.: Windows shows no internet, but I can still browse with the web browser. Microsoft Store seems to work aswell. Windows Update does not work, so I can't install any updates. I get error code "0x80248007" on all the pending updates. I get no errors on device manager.Network...
  4. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  5. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.: This issue is driving me up the wall.A number of unrelated programs on my PC have little or no internet connectivity, while others are absolutely fine.- This issue seems to have appeared out of nowhere, I haven't changed any settings recently on my PC.- My browsers, Chrome...
  6. Some programs are connecting to the internet and not others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Some programs cant connect to internet connection

Some programs cant connect to internet connection: Miscosoft store, epic games launcher, valorant and dead by daylight cant connect to internet. In microsoft store everything is loading slower than before but when I try to buy or download something it says connection problem, error 0x800704cf . In valorant it was error 21 and...
  8. Some programs are not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs are not opening: Some programs such as the task manager or Google Chrome refuse to open under any circumstance. Task manager can be opened but i have to press the windows key then type task manager and run it as admin from there. Google chrome stopped working completely and i uninstalled it...
  9. Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine

Programs not connected to the Internet, but browsers work fine: Hello, for some reason my programs are not able to connect to the Internet. My Spotify says it is Offline, my Steam says it has no connection, as well as my other programs. I am currently using Chrome, but my Microsoft Edge also works perfectly fine. I do not have an...
  10. Internet is connected but some programs denied

Internet is connected but some programs denied: Steam (steam needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again). The McAfee program also cannot run after download as there is an internet connection problem. I also have same problem with garena plus. Besides, I am unable to download...