Windows 10: Opening CD's

Discus and support Opening CD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to install my favorite games but when I put in a CD on my laptop nothing happens. How can I get them to open with Windows 10? 25049 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Floridian8211, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Opening CD's

I'm trying to install my favorite games but when I put in a CD on my laptop nothing happens. How can I get them to open with Windows 10?

:)

Floridian8211, Oct 3, 2015

2. Open CDs

I can not open DVDs or CDs on my Windows 10 laptop.

SandyHolloway1, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Open CDs

What happens when you attempt to open them?

Are you click on Eject key or you try to right click and press Eject?

Is there any error message?

Since when this problem started?

When you start your PC or press eject, does the CD/DVD light blinking?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Oct 3, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

Opening CD's

click on file explorer on the taskbar and then click on THIS PC,and the icon for the dvd drive,what happens

caperjack, Oct 3, 2015
  5. And there it is. It worked, thanks.

Floridian8211, Oct 3, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    your welcome,if you right click on the windows icon,then click on control panel,then open auto play, in there you can set it to do as you please when a cd is inserted into the dvd rom

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Opening CD's

1. Opening CD's - Similar Threads - Opening CD's

2. the CD player fitted in my pc will open and close but will not play<any suggestions please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    the CD player fitted in my pc will open and close but will not play<any suggestions please: The cd player fitted in my pc will open and close, but then nothing happens, do I need to change it it is a 2nd hand pc, and cd has never worked....
  3. DVD/CD hanger can not be opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD/CD hanger can not be opened: Why do my laptop dvd/cd hanger can not be opened after its button has already pressed? How is it be opened again like usual? Thank you for any help from you all guys....
  4. Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot open local disk H: Appears to be associated with CD/DVD/BlueRay drive: I can't open a drive that appears to be a local disk (H:) in This PC. I get a message, "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." If I click Continue, I get, "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need...
  5. File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Randomly Opens The CD-DVD Tray: I have an OLD Dell OptiPlex 745 (yeah, I know --- hopefully, you guys aren't laughing too hard) with Windows 10 installed, latest updates (06/27/2019), and the whole spiel. For some strange reason, occasionally a File Explorer dialog window pops up requesting a CD be inserted...
  6. Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about...: I have a H/P desktop PC, model# 510-a010 that came equipped with what I CD/DVD player/burner. I tried burning a DVD and the process runs its course until it reaches about 96 percent complete, and then it stops processing and the disc tray opens up and then it shows and error...
  7. Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems...

Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems...: I have a windows 10 Pro installation currently Version 1803. Asus WS x-99 usb 3.0 Mainboard.I use a Swiss German Bluetooth keyboard although the system is English, don't ask ;) Sometime back, I can't exactly remember, I suspect after a windows 10 update, my internal DVD...
  8. open a cd

open a cd: how do I open a cd on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-a-cd/0c45778f-dbb7-4bcb-8841-24b0a7e9a1c8
  9. Open cd appication

Open cd appication: I inserted the 2018 Turbo Tax disc into the disc drive. How do I open the application? Thank you John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-cd-appication/b8d5e3ed-87fa-4245-a256-948689058633
  10. open CD windows 10

open CD windows 10: hcw do I open a CD in windows 10 everytime I start it sends me to someone wanting to sell me access this new computer is driving me crazy there is no problem with devise it works fine on my husbands Mac...