Windows 10: opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document

Discus and support opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made a short log of the length of time it took me to open, close, and cancel a Microsoft Word 2010 font dialog box. The times to open it were 9.6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by prestonkeys, Sep 26, 2019.

1. opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document

I made a short log of the length of time it took me to open, close, and cancel a Microsoft Word 2010 font dialog box.

The times to open it were 9.6 and 9.7 seconds. The time to close it were 8.6 and 8.5 seconds, and the times to cancel it were 8.6 and 8.5 seconds. (I used a iPod to make the timings.)

I would like to know if anyone could share the times it takes them to do these tasks because these times all seem long.

I use a Dell 3847 Inspiron computer with 12 GB of memory and a 3.2 GHz processor.

:)

prestonkeys, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Steven Win User

Changing the default font on Microsoft Word 2010 has no effect on new pages

Perform the following steps to set the default font for new Microsoft Word 2010 documents.

1. Right click the "Normal" Style on the Home ribbon and click Modify.
    2. Change the font to Times New Roman, 12 (or whatever you would prefer).
    3. Select the "New documents based on this template" option.
    4. Click OK
    5. Close and reopen Microsoft Word to confirm.

For Microsoft Excel, perform these steps:

1. Select File menu, Options item.
    2. Select the General category.
    3. Change "When creating new workbooks, use this font"
    4. Click OK to confirm
    5. Restart Microsoft Excel as instructed.

Steven, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Cannot open Word document sharepoint 2010

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to open Word document using SharePoint 2010 from Internet Explorer. If the issue is with Word only then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Open a blank word document.
    • Click on File on the top left corner.
    • Click on options.
    • Click on Trust center.
    • On the right side, click on Trust center settings.
    • From the left drop down list, click on protected view
      and uncheck all the selected options on the right side. For more clarification you may refer to the screen shot provided below.

opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document 5a25b44f-d25d-48f1-ba3f-0337ab936c94.png

• Click on OK.
    • Now try to open Word document and see if it helps.

Do get back to us with the status of the issue. If you need further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 26, 2019
  4. jgm1287 Win User

opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document

Windows 10 and Word 2010 issue

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate on my Dell Studio 1749 Laptop. I am currently running Office 2010. My issue is that when I download and try to open protected documents sent as email attachments, Word 2010 will not open them once they download. I have no problem opening documents that are not protect enabled. Any suggestions here? Most of my work documents come as protect enabled Word docs.

Thanks!

jgm1287, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document

1. opening, closing, and cancelling a Microsoft Word 2010 document - Similar Threads - opening closing cancelling

2. Word 2010 recent documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word 2010 recent documents: Hi,I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly but they are still there. If I delete them manually more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas?Thanks :...
  3. Word 2010 recent documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word 2010 recent documents: Hi,I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly but they are still there. If I delete them manually more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas?Thanks :...
  4. Clear recent documents from Word 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear recent documents from Word 2010: Hi. I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on the Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly see attachment but cannot get rid of them. They still come in even after rebooting, If I manually delete them more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas please?Thanks :...
  5. Clear recent documents from Word 2010

Clear recent documents from Word 2010: Hi. I cannot clear recent documents from Word 2010 on the Start Menu. I followed instructions exactly see attachment but cannot get rid of them. They still come in even after rebooting, If I manually delete them more come in to fill the gap. Any ideas please?Thanks :...
  6. word document will not open

word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  7. Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened: Hello . As it says above, overnight, following installation of a system update, I cannot now open any of my documents. When I try to do this on "recent files" or my documents folder, a message in a panel flashes up saying that Microsoft Word Starter 2010 cannot be opened. I...
  8. Microsoft Word Starter 2010

Microsoft Word Starter 2010: I have been using the Word Starter 2010 since the day I purchased this laptop. It was on laptop at purchased. Every since I updated to Windows 10, I have been locked out of it. How do I get it back...for free....
  9. In Word 2010 document

In Word 2010 document: In Word 2010 I hit control A and then Control V instead of Control C and cannot find document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-word-2010-document/e9ec74b1-ceb4-4660-ab7b-9e4722982eee"
  10. Microsoft word 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft word 2010: I ran a fix me stick in my computer! Loosed my internet Explorer and my Microsoft word 2010 and my HP printer I got back my Explorer by redown loading now how do I get back my Microsoft word? If I reinstall it will I loose all of my things on it? Also How do I do it? Rich.K...