Windows 10: Opening desktop screen

Discus and support Opening desktop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last update, my desktop won't show up with the specific folders and apps I had on it. The only thing I can get to is a list or the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mommelissamoo, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Opening desktop screen

Since the last update, my desktop won't show up with the specific folders and apps I had on it. The only thing I can get to is a list or the Windows Tiles screen. I want my old settings back. Help please!

:)

mommelissamoo, Nov 11, 2018

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Nov 11, 2018
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Opening desktop screen

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Opening desktop screen

1. Opening desktop screen - Similar Threads - Opening desktop screen

2. Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...: So here is the thing: the entire point about using multiple desktops is that we get to separate our windows into different "activities". One Ubuntu, for example, I use a desktop for work and another for personal things so that I don't have to deal with all of them when I'm...
  3. Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening the same application on a different desktop opens it on the desktop it was first...: So here is the thing: the entire point about using multiple desktops is that we get to separate our windows into different "activities". One Ubuntu, for example, I use a desktop for work and another for personal things so that I don't have to deal with all of them when I'm...
  4. Keeping the desktop open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keeping the desktop open: I use several Windows PCs either Windows 10 and Windows Server 2xxx. If I don't do anything on a given PC after few minutes I need to logon again. How can I configure the PCs so that the desktop remains open even if I don't do anything? Can I set this behavior with a Group...
  5. No browser will open on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browser will open on desktop: I have a desktop computer running Windows 10, this is its description:SkyTech Legacy - Gaming Computer PC Desktop - AMD 8-Core FX-8300 3.3 GHz, 120GB SSD, GTX 1060 3GB, 1TB HDD, 16GB DDR3, 970 Chipset Motherboard, WIN 10 Home GTX 1060 3G FX-8300 16GB 120GB SSDThere seem to be...
  6. app on desktop will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app on desktop will not open: Several apps on desktop will not open when clicked. I am using win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-on-desktop-will-not-open/89fff10e-bdb9-4f62-bcd0-4a335effffb2
  7. open to desktop

open to desktop: Hi, After a recent update my laptop opens to an APPS page and not the desktop screen. I am not a tech person and now I can't easily find my desktop folders. How can I reset to open to desktop not apps screen. Thanks...
  8. Desktop boots to a black screen with cmd open

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop boots to a black screen with cmd open: Hi all, for a while now whenever I turn on my computer and log on, I am greeted with a black desktop screen and cmd open. i am able to open explorer.exe from cmd and my computer runs fine there afterwards. I have ran a few virus scans and everything seems clean. Any...
  9. Desktop PC screen is dim until an app is opened

Desktop PC screen is dim until an app is opened: Note - This is not a laptop! The desktop icons, taskbar, etc. are dim until an app is opened, when they all get to 'normal' brightness. Close all apps and it all goes dim again. I've not used Win 10 on this computer for a while, but didn't notice it when I fired up this...
  10. Open to Desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Open to Desktop: I just bought a new lap top with Win 10. Please forgive my ignorance. I have a lot of experience with XP and Win.7 but with 10 I'm a dummy. How can I get it to open and skip to the desk top? 38110

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opening desktop screen

2. open desktop screen