Windows 10: Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

Discus and support Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Upon powering up computer, when I launch certain shortcuts off the desktop, they open with a very minimized window. This seems to have occurred after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HandyHankster, May 15, 2019 at 10:37 AM.

1. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

Upon powering up computer, when I launch certain shortcuts off the desktop, they open with a very minimized window. This seems to have occurred after a recent Windows update. I search the properties of the icon and there isn't any control offered. How do I control this attribute?

:)

HandyHankster, May 15, 2019 at 10:37 AM

2. win 10 ie11 desktop shortcuts open minimized

Another curious twist:

open a desktop shortcut, maximize it, minimize it to the task bar, open another shortcut , and the second opens full screen. As long as there is one full screen open all others open full screen as well.

3. RogUE Win User
    Direct shortcut for Windows Maximize/Minimize/Restore window?

From Windows Help:

4. Kindlin Win User

Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

Open a PDF viewer in windowed mode (NOT maximized, NOT minimized)

I am trying to force a PDF viewer (Bluebeam Revu) to always open in windowed mode, not full screen (maximized) and not minimized. Even for normal programs I see no way to do this, but for a PDF viewer where I open it 100% of the time by clicking on all
    these different individual PDFs, I really am not sure how I would go about forcing it to always open in windowed mode.

To further complicate the issue, if I make a shortcut to a pdf (for testing purpose only, only "Shortcuts" have the following options) and set it to always open minimized or maximized, nothing changes; it will always only open the same way that it had been
    closed (windowed or maximized) and none of the options changes that.

If you have any suggestions that would be great, because right now half the time I need to window mode the PDF, close it and re open it so that it starts windowed (I do use full screen most of the time, but there is a bug that can't allow it to _start_ full
    screen, hence the problem).

Thanks!

Thema:

Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized

1. Opening desktop shortcut displays minimized window, want maximized - Similar Threads - Opening desktop shortcut

2. White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White flash when un-minimizing, maximizing, or opening applications: Using dark mode on windows, if unminimizing file explorer it flashes white. If I unminimize Notepad++, it flashes white. Easier to see when 'Minimize/Maximize animations' are set to 'off' There's a quarter-half second of a blindingly white app then back to whatever color...
  3. Open a PDF viewer in windowed mode (NOT maximized, NOT minimized)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open a PDF viewer in windowed mode (NOT maximized, NOT minimized): I am trying to force a PDF viewer (Bluebeam Revu) to always open in windowed mode, not full screen (maximized) and not minimized. Even for normal programs I see no way to do this, but for a PDF viewer where I open it 100% of the time by clicking on all these different...
  4. all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?

all windows open maximized and where is my desktop?: In the past few days, there must have been an update. 1. All of my windows open maximized, even the calculator, so I can't look at several, like the calculator, my bank statement (in Edge), and an Excel file. I can't grab the bar at the top of the windows, and there...
  5. Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize

Windows 10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize: Windows10 - Minimized on taskbar do not open or maximize. Version 1809 OS Build 17763.107 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-minimized-on-taskbar-do-not-open-or/d1065dee-2819-4108-9a7f-5701059b9ff8
  6. Open Maximized Windows

Open Maximized Windows: Is there a way to open all of my documents maximized? I know on the shortcuts I have to got to properties, maximized but I'm guessing I have to do this to every shortcut I have. There's got to be a way to do this in batch. Thanks...
  7. No maximize or minimize tab

No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126
  8. Issue with minimizing and maximizing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with minimizing and maximizing games: So i ran into an issue some time ago. When i minimize and then maximize a game, a small box with the games name and its icon appears in the top left corner on my desktop for a few seconds, then the screen goes black, and then the game finally opens. They used to load...
  9. minimize/maximize missing on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    minimize/maximize missing on laptop: On all my other computers I have minimize/maximize showing in upper right hand corner. My laptop does not. Is there a setting I am missing. Both are running FCU. 106520
  10. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...