Windows 10: Opening display

Discus and support Opening display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When opening my Pc now, all I get is a black screen with the various icons of apps I use. I cannot personalise the display. I can get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianJOYCE1, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Opening display

When opening my Pc now, all I get is a black screen with the various icons of apps I use. I cannot personalise the display. I can get to "Personalise" but no further so am unable to set wallpaper and other related views.

:)

BrianJOYCE1, Apr 28, 2019

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening display :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Opening display

Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Opening display

1. Opening display - Similar Threads - Opening display

2. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...: Please Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-keeps-rearranging-my-desktop/04ee927e-e4ec-45d1-b6fd-c892aecfc8e9The same issue is happening to me. I'm running Windows 10 as defined below:This is not an issue with icons on my...
  3. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...: Please Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-keeps-rearranging-my-desktop/04ee927e-e4ec-45d1-b6fd-c892aecfc8e9The same issue is happening to me. I'm running Windows 10 as defined below:This is not an issue with icons on my...
  4. My Open Windows keep getting moved to the upper left corner of my display every time my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  6. When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...

When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner...: When I open my Epson Scanner it displays too large so I am not able to use my scanner functions. How can I change the way it displays so I have access to the functions?...
  7. When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?: On Windows 11 File Explorer has tabs which, much like a browser's tabs, can be opened through various means, including middle-mouse-click. When this happens, the focus of the window switches to the new tab. Most browsers allow this as an option, but the default setting is...
  8. When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?

When opening a new tab in File Explorer, how do I keep the original tab displayed?: On Windows 11 File Explorer has tabs which, much like a browser's tabs, can be opened through various means, including middle-mouse-click. When this happens, the focus of the window switches to the new tab. Most browsers allow this as an option, but the default setting is...
  9. Display settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...
  10. Display settings won't open

Display settings won't open: When I click on "Display" in settings, it will stay stuck on the blank white screen with the settings logo in the middle. The only thing that happened before this occurred was that I had changed the resolution on my laptop to 400x600, then I shut down my laptop. Upon turning...