Windows 10: Opening dng files

Discus and support Opening dng files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm unable to open folders containing dng files in Windows 10. The folder opens then closes straight away. Any ideas why or what I need to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fiverdog, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Fiverdog Win User

Opening dng files

I'm unable to open folders containing dng files in Windows 10. The folder opens then closes straight away. Any ideas why or what I need to do? Thanks.

:)

Fiverdog, Feb 19, 2020
  2. patrickt Win User

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer?

patrickt, Feb 19, 2020
  3. How do I view DNG files in Windows 10 Explorer?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A DNG file is also known as Digital Negative Raw Image file. The easiest way to open a DNG file is to double-click on it and PC decide which default app or application is compatible to open the file. Most probably you may require Adobe Photoshop for
    accessing these kind of file formats. If you have installed one, then PC by default suggest and redirects you to use the same application for opening the file.

Moreover, you can search Windows Store for an app that supports and open the DNG file.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 19, 2020
  4. JARHTMD Win User

Opening dng files

How to Auto Rotate DNG files in Windows10

On my Windows 10 computer I can view DNG thumbnail files (with proper portrait/landscape orientation) in Explorer. When I right-click and "open with",
    Photos is the only choice that will work & allow "stepping thru" to review the images full screen. However portrait images are shown as landscape. Photos
    displays JPG files with proper orientation. How can I view
    DNG thumbnail files with proper orientation?

JARHTMD, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Opening dng files

1. Opening dng files - Similar Threads - Opening dng files

2. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files: I had an open thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/w10-not-adding-thumbnails-to-raw-files-dng/b5a0356e-824d-4d81-8ca2-1bbfc1b05253?messageId=77b07b6e-5e3f-4dd5-bd32-6da0ab13c1b2I was asked to open a new thread.The issue is the same ... DNG...
  3. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  4. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  5. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Raw Image Extension - Can't open DNG Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raw Image Extension - Can't open DNG Files: Hi there,I recently purchased a drone with RAW Image capabilities. However when I opened the files on my computer they appeared tiny on the screen and often inverted or sideways. From here I went and installed the Raw Image Extension hoping that would fix the problem, however...
  7. Raw Image Extension - Can't open DNG Files

Raw Image Extension - Can't open DNG Files: Hi there,I recently purchased a drone with RAW Image capabilities. However when I opened the files on my computer they appeared tiny on the screen and often inverted or sideways. From here I went and installed the Raw Image Extension hoping that would fix the problem, however...
  8. Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -: Hi, Is there any way you can set up Photos app not to open DNG files when viewing images? With my camera I shoot in RAW and then copy the RAW images to a Folder on my Windows 11 PC I then import these into Photoshop Elements, I then process the images and produce JPGS which I...
  9. Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -

Disable Photos app from opening DNG files -: Hi, Is there any way you can set up Photos app not to open DNG files when viewing images? With my camera I shoot in RAW and then copy the RAW images to a Folder on my Windows 11 PC I then import these into Photoshop Elements, I then process the images and produce JPGS which I...
  10. DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer

DNG Files in Windows Photo Viewer: How can I get DNG files to open with Windows Photo Viewer? 57546