Windows 10: Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Discus and support Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CerysEvans, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Hello,

I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I don't want to reset my browser.

Thank you.

:)

CerysEvans, Nov 9, 2020
  2. Cruvenium Win User

[IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Unable to open internet explorer

Hi Maria,

The issue occur due to connection problem to your PC. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we also suggest to check this thread and look for Morris subba answer:

Internet explorer won't open in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

1. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - Opening Downloads Internet

2. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  3. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer not opening: I want to use internet explorer because some of my legacy websites works only in internet explorer. But whenever i open internet explorer it goes directly to Microsoft edge. How to stop edge being opened....
  4. Internet Explorer not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer cannot open my downloaded file: Recently, I downloaded a file from the internet. The file appears on the "View Downloads" pop-up, but whenever I click open, a new window appears for a split second before immediately closing without any explanation. Additionally, when I check the "download location" on my...
  6. Downloading documents with internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading documents with internet explorer: Hi. When I was downloading documents I accidently clicked open with internet explorer always. And now I can't get rid of it. My question is how do I turn it back to the default settings so it doesn't open with internet explorer?...
  7. Internet Explorer is downloading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer is downloading files: I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE....
  8. Internet explorer will not open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer will not open: I have suddenly found that IE will not open. When you click on it to open you get the working circle for a few seconds and then nothing. I have tried using a different user account on the same PC, I have run SFC /scannow which reports no errors, I have also checked in...
  9. when i download .MBLooks it opens in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i download .MBLooks it opens in internet explorer: everytime I download then open .MBLooks documents it always opens in internet explorer and I want it to open in .zip and It doesn't give me options on what to open it with. it says open with app store or internet explorer can you please tell me what to do? thankyou...
  10. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...