Windows 10: Opening drive A and B.

Discus and support Opening drive A and B. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need more storage space to Update Windows. How do I open Driver space?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kathytomcik, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Opening drive A and B.

I need more storage space to Update Windows. How do I open Driver space?

:)

kathytomcik, Aug 20, 2019

2. "D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening drive A and B. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Opening drive A and B.

Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Opening drive A and B.

1. Opening drive A and B. - Similar Threads - Opening drive

2. ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ”Working on it…” when I try to open a specific drive SSD: When I open file explorer and try to open a specific drive SSD it just says “Working on it…” indefinitely. This all started when I was deleting large files off of it to clear up space. I can still view the drive’s properties and all that, I just can’t access anything on it. I...
  3. I cannot log in to One Drive - there's an error....Also I cannot get Start to open or use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot log in to One Drive - there's an error....Also I cannot get Start to open or use...: I cannot get Start to open any more. I cannot log into to One Drive. This is what shows up. In not a techie and need help. Very frustrated!Troubleshooting detailsIf you contact your administrator, send this info to them.Copy info to clipboard CopiedCorrelation Id:...
  4. I cannot log in to One Drive - there's an error....Also I cannot get Start to open or use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot log in to One Drive - there's an error....Also I cannot get Start to open or use...: I cannot get Start to open any more. I cannot log into to One Drive. This is what shows up. In not a techie and need help. Very frustrated!Troubleshooting detailsIf you contact your administrator, send this info to them.Copy info to clipboard CopiedCorrelation Id:...
  5. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  6. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.: I had enabled encryption on one of my drives but now it won't open. When I try to open it, nothing happens. Even in system information, there is no BitLocker drive encryption option and drive encryption support says not supported. I am using Windows 10 Pro Education....
  7. I uninstalled Bitlocker and my encrypted drive won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive: Hi experts, I'm encountering an issue with the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt on a specific drive and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the settings responsible for this behavior. When attempting to open any Excel file on my computer, files located on...
  9. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive: Hi experts, I'm encountering an issue with the "Open File - Security Warning" prompt on a specific drive and would appreciate your assistance in identifying the settings responsible for this behavior. When attempting to open any Excel file on my computer, files located on...
  10. Need Assistance with 'Open File - Security Warning' Issue on Specific Drive