Windows 10: Opening .exe file launches microsoft store

Discus and support Opening .exe file launches microsoft store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I was trying to install java last night and after i downloaded the installer and double-clicked on it, the microsoft store opened. And the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bend_us, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Opening .exe file launches microsoft store

Hi!

I was trying to install java last night and after i downloaded the installer and double-clicked on it, the microsoft store opened. And the same happened when i tried to run it as administrator. I was looking for fixes for hours, but nothing i found helped. I checked the .exe and exefiles folders in regedit, they seem to be ok. Could someone please help me?

(also sorry for bad english)

submitted by /u/Bend_us
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bend_us, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 2, 2020
  3. .exe files

Hi,

The file extension .exe is an executable file format in Windows operating system. To better understand your concern, we’d like to request for an elaborate detail for us to determine what causes this file not to open by answering these questions:

• Resetting Windows 10 is a last resort of troubleshooting. Are you experiencing other issues on your computer?
    • What is the program are you trying to launch?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when you launch this application?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Opening .exe file launches microsoft store

.exe file not opening

When ever I try to open .exe format file, an error will appear informing "Windows Store Applications cannot launch .exe file.

Please help!

Opening .exe file launches microsoft store :(

Opening .exe file launches microsoft store 0a392914-08f2-4459-a2cb-97212474835e.png

Aslaf Ahmed, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Opening .exe file launches microsoft store

1. Opening .exe file launches microsoft store - Similar Threads - Opening exe file

2. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  3. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE file will not open: I recently had some software installed on my computer that was not running well so I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it but the EXE file would no longer open. I googled the issue which references registry issues but having followed troubleshooting steps it still did not...
  4. EXE file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Store - Launching/Opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - Launching/Opening: I can't get Microsoft Store to launch - I have followed their standard instructions of actions to take - all fail and I am prevented to send details via the feedback hub - please can someone tell me what I can do? Thanking you in advance...
  6. Microsoft Store - Launching/Opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store - Launching/Opening: I can't get Microsoft Store to launch - I have followed their standard instructions of actions to take - all fail and I am prevented to send details via the feedback hub - please can someone tell me what I can do? Thanking you in advance...
  7. .exe files not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .exe files not opening: I Recently Got Rid Of Malware On My Windows 10 Laptop, But It Doesn't Let Me Open Any .exe Files Anymore. It Gives Me The Error "Windows can't open this type of file.exe". Does Anyone Know A Solution To This Problem?...
  8. Microsoft Store will not open / Launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Store will not open / Launch: Hello All, I have been recently plagued with an issue on my PC where I cannot get the Microsoft store to launch under any circumstances.. There was one point months ago where I was able to launch the store but it would not let me select which drive I wanted to install...
  9. Opening exe file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening exe file: I have upgraded my windows 7 laptop from windows 7 to 10 and now I cannot run exe file by clicking on it or clicking run as administrator , the file doesn't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-exe-file/a23ad151-4dca-47b8-8bcd-a9e25a4b44dd
  10. MIcrosoft Store will not launch/open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MIcrosoft Store will not launch/open: When I go to open MIcrosoft store, I get a blue screen, then a black bar at the top, then everything disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-will-not-launchopen/48f89ffa-abd4-49db-b64f-34438a8d24b3"