Windows 10: Opening Files in MARKDOWN format

Discus and support Opening Files in MARKDOWN format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have some files with the extension .MD which are in MARKDOWN format. They can be opened with the TEXT EDITOR, though when I go to SETTINGS > DEFAULT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tjgarland, Dec 2, 2020.

1. tjgarland Win User

Opening Files in MARKDOWN format

I have some files with the extension .MD which are in MARKDOWN format. They can be opened with the TEXT EDITOR, though when I go to SETTINGS > DEFAULT APPS, there is no option to set the TEXT EDITOR as the default program - instead I'm taken to the Microsoft store. How do I set the TEXT EDITOR as the default program for this file extension?

Opening Files in MARKDOWN format 02759872-b113-4c99-a953-f28a81c6cd4a?upload=true.png

:)

tjgarland, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 2, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot Format HD

Need to initialize it as GPT disk type with HD > 2TB:
    From Admin command prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk =====> Take a note of disk # for the 4TB HD
    3. select disk # ====> From step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize the disk as GPT, create simple then format.

topgundcp, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening Files in MARKDOWN format - Similar Threads - Opening Files MARKDOWN

2. downloaded pdfs getting opened in jpg format and then can't open the file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloaded pdfs getting opened in jpg format and then can't open the file: I wanted to save windows 10 spotlight pictures so to open them i had to make a command on powershell to convert the pictures to jpg format, so instead of clicking on the folder i had saved the pictures into I clicked on downloaded and now all my downloaded apps and pdfs are...
  3. File Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Format: Hey brothers and sisters I need some help. I mistakenly opened a game bin file with notepad and the check box saying "Always use this app to open bin. files" was checked due to which now i cannot run the game,,please give me a solution. How can I recover the default format of...
  4. [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10?: [ATTACH] I want to create a new MarkDown-File from a template via Windows Explorer “New” context menu. In order to do so I Created a template file in “C:\Windows\ShellNew\template.md” Added a registry entry: Screenshot Registry Editor According to this information...
  5. file formats

file formats: how can you change the file format on a group offiles at once. I have a bunch of pictures saved with the " GIMP" file tag that I would like to change to .JPG is this possible? thanks, terry...
  6. File Format

File Format: Hi I have downloaded a file which needs to be mounted but for some reason the file is showing as a Notepad file. I imagine this is because of something i have changed previously. What format would the file need to be in in order for me to mount it please ? and what would...
  7. File format.

File format.: How do I change a music file format from wpl to wav or mp3? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format/3a33e1dd-d802-4fe4-bd18-2f45a8a89b3a"
  8. File format

File format: How do I change a photo file format. Photos were taken with a Cannon EOS Rebel T1i. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-format/aceb5f6b-db57-4d98-ad4f-0155736f852f"
  9. Why Unsupported format files are opening with chinese format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Unsupported format files are opening with chinese format: Just wanted to know why if we open the unsupported format files are getting opened in Chinese format, Any reason for that ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-unsupported-format-files-are-opening-with/7e4e0320-f0da-43ce-9d36-b7adb1e3c112
  10. for those that use markdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    for those that use markdown: what do you use for markdown that is free? prefer if the markdown code was hidden while typing 107122