Windows 10: opening files

Discus and support opening files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if I could get a list that tells me how and what apps or programs to open the different types of files I receive or have on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stormy.Minds, Sep 9, 2018.

1. opening files

I was wondering if I could get a list that tells me how and what apps or programs to open the different types of files I receive or have on my computer

:)

Stormy.Minds, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 9, 2018
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile opening files :)

jaydeee, Sep 9, 2018
  4. opening files

Notepad automatically opening when ABA file downloaded

Hi Fiona,

We suggest that you follow these steps to uncheck the Always open this type of file:

• Right click on an ABA file.
    • Hover your mouse cursor on Open with and select Choose another app.
    • Uncheck the Always open this type of file and click on
      OK
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

opening files

1. opening files - Similar Threads - opening files

2. How do I get Windows 11 to not ask which app to use to open a file type or a link type...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Windows 11 to not ask which app to use to open a file type or a link type...: How do I get Windows 11 to not ask which app to use to open a file type or a link type every time? picture 1 and why if i click an app from my taskbar it will show up like this? picture 2...
  3. How do I get Windows 11 to not ask which app to use to open a file type or a link type...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Windows 11 to not ask which app to use to open a file type or a link type...: How do I get Windows 11 to not ask which app to use to open a file type or a link type every time? picture 1 and why if i click an app from my taskbar it will show up like this? picture 2...
  4. some of my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    some of my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open: I try looking for answer on why this is happing and nothing work, I've been trying to downlow a file that contains a game from sonic exe mod from fnf, but every time I try to download the mod its just been opening up with Explorer icon, I try clicking on the file and opening...
  5. some of my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open: I try looking for answer on why this is happing and nothing work, I've been trying to downlow a file that contains a game from sonic exe mod from fnf, but every time I try to download the mod its just been opening up with Explorer icon, I try clicking on the file and opening...
  6. some of my files are downloading with the internet explorer icon and wont open

7. My pc is messing up, when I open my files nothing shows up, and my settings icon is gone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is messing up, when I open my files nothing shows up, and my settings icon is gone...: Image of my Taskbar being broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-messing-up-when-i-open-my-files-nothing/8a3d2f39-9375-49c2-9b69-ce183a7f0645
  8. My pc is messing up, when I open my files nothing shows up, and my settings icon is gone...

My pc is messing up, when I open my files nothing shows up, and my settings icon is gone...: Image of my Taskbar being broken https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-messing-up-when-i-open-my-files-nothing/8a3d2f39-9375-49c2-9b69-ce183a7f0645
  9. Sorry Photo's can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported , or the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry Photo's can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported , or the...: Hi, I am trying to download PNG sticker images i purchased from Etsy Shop. Some images come thru fine while others from the same download group come up with this message : Sorry Photo's can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported , or the file is...
  10. Sorry Photo's can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported , or the...

Sorry Photo's can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported , or the...: Hi, I am trying to download PNG sticker images i purchased from Etsy Shop. Some images come thru fine while others from the same download group come up with this message : Sorry Photo's can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported , or the file is...