Windows 10: Opening files

Discus and support Opening files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't open my Word or Excel and my files menu is not opening when I click ALT+V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LawrenceSmith3, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Opening files

I can't open my Word or Excel and my files menu is not opening when I click ALT+V

:)

LawrenceSmith3, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 18, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Opening files :)

jaydeee, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Opening files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Opening files

1. Opening files - Similar Threads - Opening files

2. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  3. My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I...: My files open as internet explorer and they are litematica I dont know what the issue is I have java downloded Can soemone help Plz its only minecraft filles scheamticas...
  4. The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?: I got above warning when one webpage try to open a html file on local pc. How can I disable the popup warning and let webpage run the html directly?...
  5. The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?

The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?: I got above warning when one webpage try to open a html file on local pc. How can I disable the popup warning and let webpage run the html directly?...
  6. The current webpage is trying to open a file on your computer. Do you want to allow this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  8. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...: Simple steps to reproduce:Unlock a bitlocked drive.Open a file from that drive example = image fileReboot machine, confirm drive is relocked.From "Recent Items," attempt to open the fileThe file opens, even though the drive is lockedWHOA!Obviously this is a massive security...
  9. Massive Security Flaw - Bitlocked Files Can Be Opened From "Recent Files" ...While "Locked"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix File Explorer opening when exiting Fullscreen: Whenever I F11 any app File Explorer just opens. I already tried updating my GPU drivers from GeForce experience and using DISM and sfc. It's really annoying as I frequently press F11....