Windows 10: Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

Discus and support Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Win10 Pro 64. I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by splitsecond, May 28, 2020.

1. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

Hello,

Win10 Pro 64.

I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The program itself opens instantly, but it waits for internet connection (empty space inside browser). The lag is about 5 sec and annoying. I managed to get rid of that, but after updating to new 2004 update it came back. Not sure what the reason was.
    Did many things.

Internet connection itself is fast and snappy when the connection been made to associating app. Gives low ping and max speed almost all the time. Some restrictions from 3rd party sites as YouTube regarding covid-19.

What could cause a lag like that? Noticed that new Edge does not open at all before the connection is there. Firefox opens instantly, but empty before connection kicks in. Discord takes time and waits for connection before it opens.

This is NOT a 2004 update bug. had the same with 1909.
    Any solutions are appreciated, thank you!

Specs can be found under profile. Winver is 2004 (build 19041.264).

:)

splitsecond, May 28, 2020

2. I would like to use firefox as the default browser that opens start menu links in Windows 10 start menu.

Hi Thaddeus..

Follow these steps to change a default browser back to Firefox.

1.Click the menu button

and choose Options.

2.In the General panel, click Make Default….

3.The Windows Settings app will open with the Choose default apps screen.

4.Scroll down and click the entry under Web browser. In this case, the icon will say either Microsoft Edge or Choose your default browser.

5.In the Choose an app screen, click Firefox to set it as the default browser.

6. Firefox is now listed as your default browser. Close the window to save your changes.

Please revert back for further Assistance.

Hope it helps

vanshitavanshita, May 28, 2020
  3. How do I make Firefox my default browser on a Windows 10 laptop

Step 5 is incorrect; when I go to choose an app, the only choices are Edge, IE, or Chrome; Firefox is not listed.

BruceEmory, May 28, 2020
  4. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

FireFox 9.0.1 pausing every few seconds

Just a couple of suggestions that might be worth looking in to:

1/ Are you ccleaning your firefox temps on a regular basis? Have you got a monstrous directory of temps?
    2/ Is your HDD going flaky? Browsers uses tens of thousands of temp micro-files, and a problem on the disk will be most obvious with a browser
    3/ Try setting up a small ramdisk and point all your temps there. Does that improve things?
    4/ Network binding is very high in the Windows scheduling/priority list. Have you got a bad ethernet cable, router, or LAN ports
    5/ Install Winpatrol and see what else is running / potentially hogging resources
    6/ While you are waiting for a FF update, give Chrome a go.

Completely Bonkers, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

1. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds - Similar Threads - Opening Firefox browser

2. Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...: This happened a few weeks ago where i downloaded winrar but now, when i open the permissions tab in properties for my file explorer it says WIN://SYSAPPID Contains "WINRAR.SHELLEXTENSION_S4JE..." then when i try to change the permissions of the user at the bottom it says,...
  3. Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...: This happened a few weeks ago where i downloaded winrar but now, when i open the permissions tab in properties for my file explorer it says WIN://SYSAPPID Contains "WINRAR.SHELLEXTENSION_S4JE..." then when i try to change the permissions of the user at the bottom it says,...
  4. I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access any internet apps like browser, steam, discord and etc. But my WiFi is...: idk the problem is but, can someone help me? I insert random text for requirement for upload this thread....
  5. Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening: So I have been having this problem for about a week now. I noticed it from Steam. Steam itself launches fine, but none of the games from within. I will get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes. So I started some trouble shooting and noticed that other...
  6. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds: Hello, Win10 Pro 64. I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The program itself opens instantly, but it waits for internet connection (empty space inside browser). The lag is about 5 sec and...
  7. Lagging for 5 seconds for about every 10 to 15 seconds interval

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging for 5 seconds for about every 10 to 15 seconds interval: I got a Asus Laptop which I've been using from past 3 years. I got this problem since past 6 months and just ignored it thinking that it's a minor issue. But now it has been affecting my daily works on the laptop and I'm irritated to wait for 5 seconds before the laptop...
  8. Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.: Anyone else? As soon as I try to go on a site like omegle or chatroulette I an error that says "You have denied access to the devices" etc But I have not, I have not gotten any popups, going into google chrome settings and firefox I have tried having it so they ask or even...
  9. Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

in Cortana
    Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc: Occasionally, I would just be browsing the internet when all of a sudden there is a message saying I have to reload the page, and this is on Google Chrome. I go over to Microsoft Edge and it just closes the whole browser when I open it. If that doesn't happen my laptop would...
  10. Laptop lags at opening the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop lags at opening the browser: I need an urgent help. My laptop lags at opening a web page, I have to wait for 3-5 minutes to open a browser. I have Windows 10 Home installed with an official license...