Windows 10: Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

Discus and support Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Win10 Pro 64. I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by splitsecond, May 28, 2020.

1. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

Hello,

Win10 Pro 64.

I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The program itself opens instantly, but it waits for internet connection (empty space inside browser). The lag is about 5 sec and annoying. I managed to get rid of that, but after updating to new 2004 update it came back. Not sure what the reason was.
    Did many things.

Internet connection itself is fast and snappy when the connection been made to associating app. Gives low ping and max speed almost all the time. Some restrictions from 3rd party sites as YouTube regarding covid-19.

What could cause a lag like that? Noticed that new Edge does not open at all before the connection is there. Firefox opens instantly, but empty before connection kicks in. Discord takes time and waits for connection before it opens.

This is NOT a 2004 update bug. had the same with 1909.
    Any solutions are appreciated, thank you!

Specs can be found under profile. Winver is 2004 (build 19041.264).

:)

splitsecond, May 28, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

RE: Firefox. I use this:

SpeedyFox - Boost Firefox, Skype, Chrome, Thunderbird in a Single Click!

Or this:

Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds [​IMG]

Although as suggested there could be other factors if it happens with all internet connected apps.

You can aslo try Firefox safe mode:

Callender, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

Hello,

Win10 Pro 64.

I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The program itself opens instantly, but it waits for internet connection (empty space inside browser). The lag is about 5 sec and annoying. I managed to get rid of that, but after updating to new 2004 update it came back. Not sure what the reason was.
    Did many things.

Internet connection itself is fast and snappy when the connection been made to associating app. Gives low ping and max speed almost all the time. Some restrictions from 3rd party sites as YouTube regarding covid-19.

What could cause a lag like that? Noticed that new Edge does not open at all before the connection is there. Firefox opens instantly, but empty before connection kicks in. Discord takes time and waits for connection before it opens.

This is NOT a 2004 update bug. had the same with 1909.
    Any solutions are appreciated, thank you!

Specs can be found under profile. Winver is 2004 (build 19041.264).

splitsecond, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

Don't be stuck at Firefox too much. This is with all programs that use internet (Discord, Speedtest, Skype etc.). I have a backup with Macrium pre 2004 update, no delay (minimal) with Google search page as start page, or with any other internet apps Skype, Discord.

I'm also comparing the result to what is was before. The delay is usually minimal, only 5 ms ping. I do not believe Norton as problem starter. I had Norton with 1909 and internet worked without hiccups. This has something to do with drivers for acceleration etc, Windows firewall has to be checked. Could uninstall Norton to rule that out. Nvidia drivers or something similar. I should make a recording of how it behaves.

Tracert gave up to 25 hops max was 125 ms, after that timed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Same delay without Norton installed Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds :)!

Firefox in safe mode, no impact. Trying Safe mode with networking, is that different?!

- - - Updated - - -

It's working OK in Windows safe mode. How to troubleshoot where/what the problem is.

splitsecond, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds - Similar Threads - Opening Firefox browser

2. Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...: This happened a few weeks ago where i downloaded winrar but now, when i open the permissions tab in properties for my file explorer it says WIN://SYSAPPID Contains "WINRAR.SHELLEXTENSION_S4JE..." then when i try to change the permissions of the user at the bottom it says,...
  3. Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some applications are not opening, etc, opera browser, discord, spotify due 'to access...: This happened a few weeks ago where i downloaded winrar but now, when i open the permissions tab in properties for my file explorer it says WIN://SYSAPPID Contains "WINRAR.SHELLEXTENSION_S4JE..." then when i try to change the permissions of the user at the bottom it says,...
  4. Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening: So I have been having this problem for about a week now. I noticed it from Steam. Steam itself launches fine, but none of the games from within. I will get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes. So I started some trouble shooting and noticed that other...
  5. Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening Firefox/ browser/Discord etc internet lag about 5-6 seconds: Hello, Win10 Pro 64. I'm experiencing strange lag when internet "opens". This when clicking on some program like web browser, Discord etc. The program itself opens instantly, but it waits for internet connection (empty space inside browser). The lag is about 5 sec and...
  6. Lagging for 5 seconds for about every 10 to 15 seconds interval

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging for 5 seconds for about every 10 to 15 seconds interval: I got a Asus Laptop which I've been using from past 3 years. I got this problem since past 6 months and just ignored it thinking that it's a minor issue. But now it has been affecting my daily works on the laptop and I'm irritated to wait for 5 seconds before the laptop...
  7. Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Camera help? Works on Discord but not Google chrome, firefox etc.: Anyone else? As soon as I try to go on a site like omegle or chatroulette I an error that says "You have denied access to the devices" etc But I have not, I have not gotten any popups, going into google chrome settings and firefox I have tried having it so they ask or even...
  8. Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc

in Cortana
    Internet Browsers Randomly Closing Etc: Occasionally, I would just be browsing the internet when all of a sudden there is a message saying I have to reload the page, and this is on Google Chrome. I go over to Microsoft Edge and it just closes the whole browser when I open it. If that doesn't happen my laptop would...
  9. Laptop lags at opening the browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop lags at opening the browser: I need an urgent help. My laptop lags at opening a web page, I have to wait for 3-5 minutes to open a browser. I have Windows 10 Home installed with an official license...
  10. Requirement about Opening Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Requirement about Opening Browser: Hello, I want to avoid a Web control when I opted a browser. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/requirement-about-opening-browser/c2da6fde-fbcc-4655-a9b8-fd6c355fd894