Windows 10: Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders

Discus and support Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue has been going on for months on end and an possible solution I've seen has not worked, any help would be appreciated! 93118 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BohnBangus, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders

This issue has been going on for months on end and an possible solution I've seen has not worked, any help would be appreciated!

:)

BohnBangus, Sep 9, 2017

2. Can not open multiple File Explorer Tabs in Windows 10

I need to open multiple views of my file explorer as I need to transfer files to folders and I can not open multiple file explorer instances to do this easily. Sometimes it works and then it doesn't.

Normally I can just right click with my mouse and open multiple views of the file explorer but in the upgrade to windows 10 this is not working very well.

Can someone help please?

wendywoowooVX, Sep 9, 2017
  3. When opening folder in downloads window, a new explorer window of folder is opened

When navigating to the downloads folder from "This PC", any folder opened will have a new window opened. Sometimes two open as shown in the picture. When navigating from the user folder, I have no problem. The only thing that fixes this issue is creating
    a new user profile. I have tried multiple commands with no change. This problem only exists with the download folder, every other folder works fine.

Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders [​IMG]

angryunibrow, Sep 9, 2017
  4. worf105 Win User

Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders

Had this problem on a old system a few years ago. was caused in my case a faulty switch on my mouse.

worf105, Sep 9, 2017
  5. RTH
    RTH Win User
    That usually happened to me when my Control or Shift key is stuck.
    Have you tried to replace your Keyboard / Mouse?

Thema:

Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders

1. Opening folders in can sometimes open multiple windows of folders - Similar Threads - Opening folders sometimes

2. roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-open-multiple-folder-automatically/29502287-873f-4e31-ac1a-e4ac319f6589
  3. roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    roaming folder open multiple folder automatically after startup: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roaming-folder-open-multiple-folder-automatically/29502287-873f-4e31-ac1a-e4ac319f6589
  4. Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening: Hello,Hoping someone can help me.My laptop has stopped opening desktop icons - if I go to the start menu I can open the apps e.g. Chrome there.When I try and open folders, it isn't happening just get the loading circle or if it is, very rarely are things loading - this could...
  5. Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple issues - chrome, folders not opening: Hello,Hoping someone can help me.My laptop has stopped opening desktop icons - if I go to the start menu I can open the apps e.g. Chrome there.When I try and open folders, it isn't happening just get the loading circle or if it is, very rarely are things loading - this could...
  6. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  7. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window: It's an annoying and wired problem that I couldn't solve even with reinstalling the Windows, which when I click on a folder, the folders will be open in a new window sometimes...Note it doesn't happen always!I'm not sure if this happens with an update on Windows 10 or not. I...
  8. Double click on folders sometimes opens a new window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. open a folder on multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    open a folder on multiple desktops: Hello, I am trying to use my various desktops for different tasks, but some base folders I need on all desktops. How can I get windows to allow me to open those on all desktops without suddenly switching desktops on me when I am just trying to open a new folder? I have...
  10. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...