Windows 10: Opening GMail documents and links

Discus and support Opening GMail documents and links in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a gmail account with the app but every time I try to open a document or click on a link that was sent to me the play store pops up but it wont... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Crystal Ridley, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Opening GMail documents and links

I have a gmail account with the app but every time I try to open a document or click on a link that was sent to me the play store pops up but it wont let me do anything else until I close the play store and I'm still unable to open the docs or links. Please advice.

:)

Crystal Ridley, Aug 26, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

All Gmail links fail

Thanks to Caledon Ken...your suggestion had no effect.

Thanks to bro67...Interestingly enough the Gmail link to this forum reply actually worked, as did your link to "How to Fix....." I tried steps 1 and 2 without success. Step 3 gave me the following screen, which didn't look like the article described. At any rate, the probem is unchanged...screenshot follows.

Opening GMail documents and links [​IMG]

Opening GMail documents and links [​IMG]

weybrew, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Links in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to web

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that links created in Open Office documents doesn’t connect to Web. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What happens when you click on the links in Open Office document?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • Which browser are you using as default?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the articles on
    Using hyperlinks
    and
    Hyperlinks and URLs
    and see if that helps.

You may also want to try resetting the file association for HTTP and HTTPS files to default and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Default apps
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Choose default apps by protocol.
    4. Look for HTTP and HTTPS in the list and makes sure that the protocols are associated with
      Internet Explorer.
    5. If you do not see Internet Explorer associated, click on the application name and select
      Internet Explorer from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Opening GMail documents and links

Can not open a link within gmail account or print an attachment.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error message do you receive while you try to open link within Gmail?
    • Does this issue persist while accessing Gmail in other browser?
    • Is this issue confined to Gmail or does it persist in other website too?
    • Does this issue persist while you try to print from PDF or Word application?
    I suggest you to try opening Gmail in different browser and check if issue persist there.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Opening GMail documents and links

1. Opening GMail documents and links - Similar Threads - Opening GMail documents

2. Linked to deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linked to deleted gmail: My microsoft account is linked to a gmail account which google deleted due to inactivity. Now that I updated to windows 11, windows keeps asking me to verify with that email which was deleted. Even after changing it to an outlook email it says i have to 2-step verify with the...
  3. Linked to deleted gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linked to deleted gmail: My microsoft account is linked to a gmail account which google deleted due to inactivity. Now that I updated to windows 11, windows keeps asking me to verify with that email which was deleted. Even after changing it to an outlook email it says i have to 2-step verify with the...
  4. Unable to attach documents to Gmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to attach documents to Gmail: For several days I have been unable to attach documents to emails. File explorer opens and either the files are not there OR if they are as soon as I click on it the CPU usage ramps up dramatically and the program stops responding. I cannot find a solution to this problem...
  5. Linking Gmail to Cortana

in Cortana
    Linking Gmail to Cortana: I had wanted to link my Gmail to Cortana. At first it made me sign in and other formalities and after everything it showed a dialog showing the terms and conditions. After I clicked agree it was thinking and then continued to show me the same dialog. Somehow, I could scroll....
  6. Documents linked with desktop?

Documents linked with desktop?: I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my...
  7. documents linked with dekstop?

documents linked with dekstop?: I tried moving my documents folder to a new location, in a new drive-through property> location > move. For some reason it linked to my desktop as well, so now my desktop displays the contents in my documents folder. Deleting items on my desktop deletes items from my...
  8. All Gmail links fail

in Browsers and Email
    All Gmail links fail: I seem to be having a strange Gmail problem. None of the links in my emails will connect to www.google,com. All email will open without problem and links in websites work fine, I simply cannot get outside of Gmail. Even Settings to HELP and REPORT a PROBLEM don't get out....
  9. All Gmail links fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Gmail links fail: I seem to be having a strange Gmail problem. None of the links in my emails will connect to www.google,com. All email will open without problem and links in websites work fine, I simply cannot get outside of Gmail. Even Settings to HELP and REPORT a PROBLEM don't get out....
  10. Document Link and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document Link and OneDrive: The documents link in my Start Menu points to OneDrive, as of this moment I have found no way to make it point to my documents. Any idea's? Thanks alan 8873