Windows 10: Opening HEIC files on photos

Discus and support Opening HEIC files on photos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem when opening HEIC photo files. I have the extension from Microsoft installed. Hope you can help.Thanks,Ethan Lam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ethanlam2, Jul 17, 2021.

1. ethanlam2 Win User

Opening HEIC files on photos

Hi, I have a problem when opening HEIC photo files. I have the extension from Microsoft installed. Hope you can help.Thanks,Ethan Lam

:)

ethanlam2, Jul 17, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User
  3. MHSabq Win User
    heic files

How do I open a photo in heic?

MHSabq, Jul 17, 2021
  4. ahmd Win User

How to open .HEIC files

I just got a bunch of photos from a friends' iPhone but I can't open them on my Windows 10. They are all encoded as .heic files:

Opening HEIC files on photos PIEMgOt.jpg

If I open any of those files in the Photos app, it shows that it can't read them. If I then go into Settings and scroll down, it has this link:

Opening HEIC files on photos g0VX5IN.jpg

Which opens the Store app:

Opening HEIC files on photos EfxmMib.jpg

The thing that irks me is that they want money for that.

Does anyone know how I can open those pictures without paying Microsoft more money?

Thema:

1. Opening HEIC files on photos - Similar Threads - Opening HEIC files

2. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  3. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HEIC photos: Good day!I would like to ask for assistance regarding HEIC photos.I already have the HEIF and HEIV extensions but I still cannot open these HEIC photos.I tried to uninstall then reinstall the extensions but I am still encountering the same issue.HEIF - 1.0.61171.0HEVC -...
  4. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HEIC photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HEIC photos: How to view and download codecs on Windows. The computer says I own it but won't download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-photos/da1b3de8-29c2-4717-8577-db94adcb688b
  6. Unable to open HEIC files in Microsoft Photos...

Unable to open HEIC files in Microsoft Photos...: I went to the app store to load HEIF Image Extensions with no problem, then went on to read in description that it also requires the HEVC Video extensions in order to read the HEIC files in Microsoft photos, the issue is that when i go to the app store it says HEVC Video...
  7. How to open .HEIC files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open .HEIC files: I just got a bunch of photos from a friends' iPhone but I can't open them on my Windows 10. They are all encoded as .heic files: [ATTACH] If I open any of those files in the Photos app, it shows that it can't read them. If I then go into Settings and scroll down, it has...
  8. It is possible to open HEIC files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It is possible to open HEIC files?: Need to download a third part. submitted by /u/jlocatell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gi9e03/it_is_possible_to_open_heic_files/
  9. heic photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    heic photos: Hello and thank you for taking my question. I sell on ebay for a living and I just got a new laptop so I could import my photos faster from my iPhone to my PC via OneDrive and then into my ebay listings. However, my photos did not change from heic to jpeg. 6 of about 600...
  10. Photo does not display HEIC files

Photo does not display HEIC files: Windows 10 Home version 1909 Build 18363.535 Photo version 2019.19081.22010.0 HEIF image extension version 1.0.23292.0 Although all the above is properly installed, Photo does not visualize HEIC files....