Windows 10: Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all

Discus and support Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with looking at photos for a couple weeks now. I'll double click to open a photo with the Photo program on Windows 10, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mr Rotch, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Mr Rotch Win User

Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all

I've been having an issue with looking at photos for a couple weeks now. I'll double click to open a photo with the Photo program on Windows 10, and it will open to a blank black window that doesn't show anything. So I close the window, then re-open the same image and it will sometimes take 5+ seconds for Windows to load and open the image properly.

It seems to be random as well. I can open up 10 pictures in a row and everything will be fine. Then sometimes I'll open a photo, have this issue, click the next photo, and then have the same issue again. It's super irritating when I'm trying to sort through all the camera pictures I've taken.

:)

Mr Rotch, Sep 14, 2020

2. Windows Defender doesn´t load in Windows 10 startup and run slowwwwly

After updated the Windows 7 to 10 and error in avast (loaded very slowly Chrome. , f.ex.), i was uninstall the avast and used the Windows Defender (native of Windows) to protect against virus, malware and others bad things. But, the system runs more
    quickly, and the Windows defender runs slooowwwwly; the rapld (quick) verification run slowly, 11.000 files in 9 hours (???????). Is correct? In Windows 7 the same process run quickly and the process take a 2 hours, maximum. Now, the windows defender´s icon
    doesn´t show in taskbar, and i can´t ideia if the program is full loaded.

Thanks

Martin.

Tin Master, Sep 14, 2020
  3. pandaxWP Win User
    Can´t load pictures in search

When I use search (cortana or typing, doesn´t matter) to look for pictures they don´t load. They are just stuck on the black loading screen with the loading circle rolling and nothing happens. I have Lumia 950 and as far as I know I have the latest upgrades.
    This problem didn´t disappear even after I erased my phone and restored factory settings.
    Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all 91cd2b8f-cc2b-420e-8272-24edd957ecd0.png

pandaxWP, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all

Windows Photos on Windows 10 slow on loading image orientation data on .cr3 files

I'm currently having issues with opening portrait .cr3 files on the Windows photo app. For portrait oriented photos (ie. orientation set to rotate 90 degrees) it loads the file as a landscape shot first at 75% size, then adjusts to the correct orientation
    and size with an additional 'filter' over the image that changes the colors of the original photo. I'm wondering if there is a setting in Windows photos on Windows 10 that can:

1. integrate the orientation data so that it would load the photo in the correct orientation faster (on .cr2 files I have there is no additional orientation data and so portrait photos always load as portrait orientation)

2. disable the automatically generated "photo enhancements" that photos overlay to cut down on loading time on the photos. (I have read a thread from 2016 listing the setting under Settings > Viewing and Editing but that
    specific setting is not there in my version of the app.)

Gravitationally, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all

1. Opening images with Photos on Windows 10 takes a while to load/doesn't load at all - Similar Threads - Opening images Photos

2. Windows 11 - Photos - I open an image, but Photos loads it then puts a different image up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Photos - I open an image, but Photos loads it then puts a different image up...: I open an image, in this instance a screenshot of a property map with owner info on it parcel code, address, etc.. I then click over to a form that I am filling out, maybe Excel, Word, etc. to enter the client information. When I click back to Photos, it changes to a...
  3. Windows 11 - Photos - I open an image, but Photos loads it then puts a different image up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Photos - I open an image, but Photos loads it then puts a different image up...: I open an image, in this instance a screenshot of a property map with owner info on it parcel code, address, etc.. I then click over to a form that I am filling out, maybe Excel, Word, etc. to enter the client information. When I click back to Photos, it changes to a...
  4. Photos app take time to load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app take time to load: Dear Microsoft Community, Photos app is an amazing app that offers a lot of features but there is a problem which I am facing for a long and now can't bear it anymore, it takes a lot of time to start when I click on any image to open it. It is frustrrrrating and Please...
  5. explorer.exe takes a while to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe takes a while to load: Whenever I log into Windows 10, the desktop is never fully loaded. The taskbar has no icons, and it takes a while to fully load explorer.exe. I hava a triple boot with Windows 8.1 and 7. On Windows 8.1 it is a much shorter wait time, and on 7 it is nearly nonexistent. I’ve...
  6. Photo folder take forever to load images (green bar)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photo folder take forever to load images (green bar): Hello, why on my SSD my images folder take like 10 minutes to load? (the green bar) There are some fix? submitted by /u/Spardantex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kqfv4i/photo_folder_take_forever_to_load_images_green_bar/
  7. Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen takes ages to load or doesn't load at all: Hi. About a month back, my PC started having an issue, whereby when I press the power button to wake it from sleep, Windows 10's lock screen either takes ages to load and display the time, or doesn't load at all and stays at a blank screen. Specifically, when the lock...
  8. Some applications take a while to load all of a sudden

Some applications take a while to load all of a sudden: About a week or 2 ago, some applications have started to load slowly. They are not running slowly, after loading then they're perfectly fine. It's just at the start it seems they are just stuck loading. For example, I open the application, then it says loading, now normally...
  9. Icon take a while to load

Icon take a while to load: When i turn on my pc, the desktop icons take a little while to load. Is that normal or should they load immediately? submitted by /u/GloomyMinds [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jblwub/icon_take_a_while_to_load/
  10. Microsoft Photos takes time to open images and sometimes doesn't open them at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos takes time to open images and sometimes doesn't open them at all.: My system: AMD 3900X on a Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi with 32gb of RAM. Various drives but the OS and all MS apps are on NVME drives. Windows Pro Version 2004 latest update 64 bit I have both tried "Reset" and "Repair" of the app via the "Advanced options" under the...