Windows 10: Opening JPEG files

Discus and support Opening JPEG files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Amanda0866, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Opening JPEG files

How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos

:)

Amanda0866, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 18, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Opening JPEG files :)

jaydeee, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Opening JPEG files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Opening JPEG files

1. Opening JPEG files - Similar Threads - Opening JPEG files

2. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  3. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  4. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Can not open jpeg files

Can not open jpeg files: Updated Windows 10 last night and now I can't access any jpeg files. All I get is the message "Package not found". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpeg-files/ec54d0d5-2d07-4027-a6ef-5f06b1c9848d"
  7. Error opening JPEG files

Error opening JPEG files: When I attempt to open a .JPG file holding a photograph, I get the message "Invalid value for registry". I never had any problem opening these files before. How do I fix this and get to my photos?...
  8. Cannot open jpeg files

Cannot open jpeg files: ?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-jpeg-files/5efd03a1-cb88-45cd-93ca-e19b194086bb"
  9. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"
  10. Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not open PDF or JPEG files: Hi there I upgraded to W10 this morning, and since then, although everything seems to be OK, it will not open any PDF or JPEG files. I get an error message for the JPEG something like, " illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion"...