Windows 10: Opening *.jpg and *.png files

Discus and support Opening *.jpg and *.png files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OleSkifter, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error.

How to fix?

:)

OleSkifter, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Apr 10, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Opening *.jpg and *.png files :)

jaydeee, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

"open with" and opening of files slow

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you made any changes on your computer, prior to this issue?

To fix issues with Word documents opening slowly, I suggest you to attach a different template to the document and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to attach a templates.

Steps:-

1. Open Word application.
    2. Click on File and select Options.
    3. Select Add-Ins from the list.
    4. Under Manage Select Templates and click on
      Go.
    5. In the pop up, type Normal in the Document template.
    6. Click on Ok.

To fix issues with Adobe files opening slowly follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if that helps.

Steps:-

1. Open Adobe application.
    2. Click on Edit.
    3. Select Preferences option.
    4. Tap on General.
    5. Uncheck Enable protected mode at startup.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Opening *.jpg and *.png files

1. Opening *.jpg and *.png files - Similar Threads - Opening jpg png

2. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  3. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my png or jpg files: I can't open my picture files as usual,I don't know why.It says install failed please contact your software vendor.Please help me, appreciate your help,thank you....
  4. I can't open my png or jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  6. Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.

Windows 11 and "jpeg, jpg, and png" files.: I have hundreds of files from my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC. Family photos and many others as well.I attempted to access these on my Windows 11 laptop PC. The operating system doesn't seem to recognize the files. I don't know what to do about this problem.I'd like to know what...
  7. PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11: When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first...
  8. JPG and PNG images not opening on windows 10

JPG and PNG images not opening on windows 10: Certain pictures using the JPG and PNG stopped working. Their thumbnails stopped functioning through restarts and fiddling with settings. Is there any fix to this that still uses the default Photos app?...
  9. File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG

File Association Broken for all JPG & PNG: I do know how to use open with and create proper file associations. And I am not having issues opening files in PHOTO or other graphic programs. The problem is Windows 10 has decided that all my photos are now SONY RAW files. I cannot upload them to Google photo. It...
  10. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open png files in windows 10