Windows 10: Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open"

Discus and support Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does excel keep asking me how I want to open JPG files? If I use GIF, it just opens them right away. Use JPG, it asks me every time even when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Avila, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Jim Avila Win User

Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open"

Why does excel keep asking me how I want to open JPG files?

If I use GIF, it just opens them right away. Use JPG, it asks me every time even when I select "Always use this app to open JPG file"

If I open the jpg through windows explorer, it opens right away. My default app is selected.

I tried changing it to Photos thinking maybe it didnt like that i was trying to use IrfanView, but that didnt matter. Still asks me everytime.

WHY WHY WHY

Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open" 55fbc687-1d9a-4d3f-8129-a0cf90b70df6?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jim Avila, Sep 21, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open" [​IMG]

- this list:

Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open" [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

On a Windows 7 system that had Office 2007 installed and was then upgraded to Windows 10 it appears here...

and here...

but is not listed in Settings > System > Default apps > Set defaults by app

4. Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open"

Can't open Excel files when not already in Excel.

Hi Geno,

We suggest that you perform an Online Repair for Office 365. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Press P to open the Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Right-click on Office 365.
    • Click on Change then select the Online Repair option.
    Once it's done, kindly restart your computer.

Keep us posted.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open"

1. Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open" - Similar Threads - Opening JPG PNG

2. I get the question How do you want to open this .JPG file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get the question How do you want to open this .JPG file?: Lately when I open up an image file, I get a box saying How do you want to open this .JPG file. This never happened before, why is it happening now?...
  3. I get the question How do you want to open this .JPG file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get the question How do you want to open this .JPG file?: Lately when I open up an image file, I get a box saying How do you want to open this .JPG file. This never happened before, why is it happening now?...
  4. How do you want to open this file? Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you want to open this file? Excel: When opening an Excel doc xlsx file extension, I am consistently asked what app I want to use, even after checking the "Always use this app to open xlsx files" I have ensured the default app settings are for Excel. This is really, really annoying. And only recently started in...
  5. How do you want to open this file? Excel

How do you want to open this file? Excel: When opening an Excel doc xlsx file extension, I am consistently asked what app I want to use, even after checking the "Always use this app to open xlsx files" I have ensured the default app settings are for Excel. This is really, really annoying. And only recently started in...
  6. "Do you want to open this file?" for png files

in Windows 10 Support
    "Do you want to open this file?" for png files: All of a sudden Windows 10 decided to start popping up the "Do you want to open this file?" pop-up every time I try to open a png file. What can I do to avoid this? No idea what happened to cause this. 131267
  7. Opening *.jpg and *.png files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening *.jpg and *.png files: When attempting to open these files I now get a File system error (-2147219196) I believe I may have downloaded both Windows 10 and Lenovo upgrades that could have resulted in this error. How to fix?...
  8. Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image

Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image: This problem happen after April 2018 Update After I check "Always use this app to open .jpg files" and click OK.The same dialog box pops again and again This phenomena will only appear when I try to open any image files from applications: Thunderbird and uTorrent ***But...
  9. Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?'

Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?': Every time I go to open a pic from Skype IM it asks me what app to open the file with. The problem there is no check box in the list of apps to say always use this app, so it asks every single time. Gets annoying after the first time. *Smile 21529
  10. Stop asking How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop asking How do you want to open this file: This happens a lot. I double-click a file to open and a popup windows appears asking How do you want to open this file? It already has the program associated with it highlighted, but I still have to check the box to Always use this program and then click OK. These are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opening PNG files in windows 365

2. open a jpg file in windows 365

3. open png in windows 365

4. how to open .png files in Windows 365