Windows 10: opening jpg photos

Discus and support opening jpg photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlAdams911, Oct 5, 2019.

1. opening jpg photos

I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them

:)

AlAdams911, Oct 5, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 5, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done opening jpg photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 5, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

opening jpg photos

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

opening jpg photos

1. opening jpg photos - Similar Threads - opening jpg photos

2. jpg photos don't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg photos don't open: my jpg photos won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-dont-open/863bd1aa-30a7-4ea7-8cc7-4cb6c68be60b
  3. jpg photos don't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    jpg photos don't open: my jpg photos won't open in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-photos-dont-open/863bd1aa-30a7-4ea7-8cc7-4cb6c68be60b
  4. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  5. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  6. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO: USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC. JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF. PLEASE HELP...
  8. Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Files not supported - unable to open jpg in photos: [ATTACH] I cannot open any jpg or png recently. I get this error message. I can't save them as a new jpg, i have jpg and png set to open with photos for windows 10. A windows support told me to uninstall the graphics display adapter and restart, that didn't work. I...
  9. Photos in jpg

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in jpg: Heei! Why when I download photos from my camera SD card the photos are not saving in jpg? Because when I want to send my photos from the pc I just can not find the pics there...
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326