Windows 10: Opening laptop lid

Discus and support Opening laptop lid in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KOUROSHTAHMASEBI, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Opening laptop lid

Hi

Its somthing weird happening my laptop

When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down

It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg

I even reinstalled windows but its still not working

Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Please answer

Tnx.

:)

KOUROSHTAHMASEBI, Mar 6, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Mar 6, 2020
  3. How do I prevent the Laptop from waking up from sleep if the lid is opened

Hi,

We suggest you to check the Power Management settings in
    Device Manager
    if we can change the settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys to open the Run Command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open Device manager.
    • Expand the System devices list.
    • If you look through the listed devices, there should be an entry for your laptop's lid. Double-clicking this will open the
      Properties panel for your device.
    • Check if the Power Management tab is available.
    • Uncheck Allow this device to wake the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rafael Com, Mar 6, 2020
  4. rmoreau Win User

Opening laptop lid

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Opening laptop lid

1. Opening laptop lid - Similar Threads - Opening laptop lid

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  6. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  7. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  8. Laptop Opening lid function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  9. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.: I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10. About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from sleep mode. Since then, it has happened 3 more times, all seconds after opening the lid. Sometimes I can make it past the login...
  10. Projector settings open with laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projector settings open with laptop lid: So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and...