Windows 10: Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Discus and support Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SophiaHK, Jul 27, 2020.

1. SophiaHK Win User

Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

Hello,

For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop can only be woken from hibernation by pressing the power button. This is the same regardless if the laptop is on charge or not. It seems as if the lid opening can't be 'sensed' anymore, perhaps? Once it's woken up using the power button, and PIN entered, all windows are still present, so I'm guessing hibernation is still taking place, rather than sleep?

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this?

Thanks

:)

SophiaHK, Jul 27, 2020
  2. mruth Win User

After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

I bought a new convertible laptop and it didn't wake up when I open the lid. I've tried all the suggested solutions with the Power Management setting, I still wanted my laptop to go to sleep when I close the lid.
    The only solution that worked for me finally relates to an issue with the usb driver.
    Go to Device Manager->Universal Serial Bus Controller and select the "intel usb 3.0 extensible host" .
    Open its Properties->Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device...".
    If you don't have this usb item it is probably another one that cause the problem. some forum threads suggest to do this uncheck to all usb devices.
    Finally my laptop wake up when I open it ! *

mruth, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Laptop Lenovo ideapad 500S doesn't wake up on opening the lid.

Laptop Lenovo ideapad 500S doesn't wake up on opening the lid. Though under 'settings' , 'advanced power options' , 'power buttons and lid ' the lid close action under 'battery' and 'plugged in' is set to sleep. Also under 'sleep' option 'allow hybrid
    sleep' is turned to off on 'battery' and while 'plugged in'.

SoniaDhingra, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Adrian700 Win User

Can't wake up laptop from sleep without opening the lid

Hello.

I used to be able to wake up my laptop with my USB mouse and keyboard, but about 1-2 months ago it stopped working.

In order to wake it up, I now have to open the lid. I don't need to press any buttons, merely lifting the lid a few centimetres wakes the computer up.

What's interesting, I can wake it up with mouse/keyboard within a few minutes of it going to sleep. But if I leave it in a sleep state for longer, if I walk away and come back in a few hours, mouse/keyboard can no longer wake it up and I have to open the
    lid.

Any suggestions?

Adrian700, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop - Similar Threads - Opening lid doesn't

2. Opening lid doesn't wake the system. Keyboard also stops working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening lid doesn't wake the system. Keyboard also stops working: Hi,When I close and open the lid while my Asus laptop is ON, it won't wake up. But the power button's LED is lit. The only way to enter the system again is holding the power for a few seconds. This restarts the PC, but the keyboard stops working. It doesn't work until I...
  3. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Hello, hope you can help me when my Asus laptop lid is closed using an outside keyboard and screenand I put it to sleep. when I wish it to wake up, I must open the lid to do so.is there a way to wake it up without open the lid?when it sleeps it does not respond to the outside...
  4. My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid

My laptop PC wakes up from sleep when opening the lid: Hello, I've purchased a new laptop last week Lenovo ideapad and there's the following problem: the PC wakes up from sleep whenever I open the lid. I DO NOT want my PC to wake up from sleep when opening it. How do I change this? In the Power Options, I HAVE set the Lid...
  5. No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately

No sleep/standby when lid is open wakes up immediately: My notebook is a Lenovo Z710 running Windows 10 2004. The problem is as follows: If I put the system to standby mode start menu / power symbol / standby and the lid is open, it wakes up immediately. Just to clarify: This happens without touching the lid. As long as the...
  6. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  7. HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened

HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened: How to fix an HP Pavilion Laptop wont wake up when lid is opened. Running Windows 10 64 Bit Home up to date updates and drivers. Have to hard reboot to wake up screen....
  8. Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed

Laptop cannot wake up from sleep if the lid was closed: Since the Windows 10 May 2019 update, the laptop cannot wake up when the lid is opened. The power button lights up and fans start up but the screen stays black and the computer doesn't respond to any button (not even the power button which would normally put it to sleep), or...
  9. After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After opening lid laptop wakes up for few seconds and back to sleep: I did refresh my Windows 10 with the media creation tool. But no luck. All updates are there. When I close the lid of my laptop it goed in to hibernation / sleeping mode. I open the lid later and press the power buton to get my laptop back to life. It start up and screen...
  10. After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid

in Windows 10 Support
    After Win10 Upgrade laptop doesn't wake up when opening lid: Hello, I have upgraded Windows 7 on my Laptop to Windows 10. Before the upgrade, when I opened the lid, it woke up, but after the upgrade I have to press the button for it to wake up. I've tried looking with "powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any", but can't tell if there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pc wont wake when opening the lid