Windows 10: Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE

Discus and support Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I was tweaking the msconfig on my old laptop and after clicked on Ok and restart, i could notsign back in with no options to switch the account as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arthur Percival, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE

Hi.

I was tweaking the msconfig on my old laptop and after clicked on Ok and restart, i could notsign back in with no options to switch the account as well.

I figured that this is an issue with Windows 10 and i need to change the msconfig back to default but i could not get it.

Tried Windows RE but the only thing i can get is CMD. The directory here is X:\ and when i try to open msconfig by finding the .exe file at this directory "C:\Windows\System32\msconfig.exe it will tell me that i am not having admin privilege even though my account has already been one on the device.

Is there any possible way that i can do to get msconfig windows from the cmd or change the settings back to normal?

Thank you in advance.

King regards.

:)

Arthur Percival, Feb 13, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 13, 2019
  3. windows 100 app store wont open

Hi Craig,

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps:

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE

Desktop boots to a black screen with cmd open

Hi all, for a while now whenever I turn on my computer and log on, I am greeted with a black desktop screen and cmd open.

i am able to open explorer.exe from cmd and my computer runs fine there afterwards. I have ran a few virus scans and everything seems clean.

Any suggestions?

HarryTipper, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE

1. Opening msconfig using CMD in WinRE - Similar Threads - Opening msconfig using

2. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  3. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  4. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD not opening: I am not able to open CMD, i have tried multiple fixes online but nothing really workedI am running on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-not-opening/fc3d4904-0d2d-4f26-8b4c-d66593d49207
  5. CMD not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. cmd not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd not opening: Hello guys. I got a burning question about command prompt that has disturbed me for the better part of this week.My cmd had been working well until a few days ago when it could just blink, but not open. I have tried so many options, including creating shortcuts and going...
  7. CMD NOT OPENING

CMD NOT OPENING: So im trying to opn my cmd but everytime it opens it closes within 3 seconds...i tried to create a new environment path...didnt worked. tried sfc /scannow in powershell..didnt found any missing files....what should i do then?...
  8. Unable to use keyboard in WinRE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use keyboard in WinRE: I recently started having "KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION" bluescreens (after I login) after installing the latest update, so I tried to fix it by uninstalling the latest Quality Update through WinRE. But the problem still persists. Then when I tried to enter WinRE the second...
  9. Unable to use keyboard in WinRE

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use keyboard in WinRE: I recently started having "KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION" bluescreens (after I login) after installing the latest update, so I tried to fix it by uninstalling the latest Quality Update through WinRE. But the problem still persists. Then when I tried to enter WinRE the second...
  10. Open OSK using cmd in administration mode

Open OSK using cmd in administration mode: All I have to do is to open OSK using administration account in cmd and for that I need to turn it to standard user . So that's why I wan to run cmd as standard user in administration cmd ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open msconfig with x:\windows\system32>

2. windows msconfig winRE