Windows 10: Opening multiple files in file explorer

Discus and support Opening multiple files in file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StephenR, Aug 18, 2016.

1. StephenR Win User

Opening multiple files in file explorer

Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit random). This happens if I select them and press Enter or select, right-click and select Open. Does anyone have any thoughts please?

(Also, not really related but when opening a file from explorer is there a way for it to keep focus rather than the relevant application?)

Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen

Also posted here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...=1471620690329

:)

StephenR, Aug 18, 2016

2. Opening multiple files in file explorer

Thanks for your reply Juzar - I'll see what Adobe say.

Re my other question, if I open a jpg from File Explorer then Elements (or whatever relevant program one uses) comes to the foreground. The same with Excel etc. Usually this is fine, but am wondering if it's possible to keep Explorer in the foreground?

StephenRichards_395, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User

Hi Stephen,

As the issue is with the Photoshop, I suggest you to get in touch with Adobe as they can assist you better on the same.

For the issue related to File explorer, please do let us know what do you mean when you say 'is there a way for it to keep focus rather than the relevant application'?

Please get back to us with the above information so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Here I assume you want explorer to stay on top.
    One way is to install Moo0 Window Menu Plus (free).
    This adds options to the right click options displayed when you rt click the top left corner of most windows. One of these is 'on top'.

I also still use Filebox Extender, which can add a button on the title bar for 'on top' also providing a visible indicator.

dalchina, Aug 18, 2016
  5. StephenR Win User
    That's it, thanks dalchina - that looks like it will do the job.

StephenR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Opening multiple files in file explorer - Similar Threads - Opening multiple files

2. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  3. Multiple tabs in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple tabs in File Explorer: Win 11 22H2 build 22621.675Love the new option in File Explorer for multiple tabs.I have been unable to find a way to re-open all tabs in a single instance of File Explorer. When I select the Option to "Restore previous folder windows at logon", File Explorer opens a new...
  4. Multiple tabs in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple tabs in File Explorer: Win 11 22H2 build 22621.675Love the new option in File Explorer for multiple tabs.I have been unable to find a way to re-open all tabs in a single instance of File Explorer. When I select the Option to "Restore previous folder windows at logon", File Explorer opens a new...
  5. Windows explorer opens multiple files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer opens multiple files: Hi, May be a repeated question, but I was wondering, why windows explorer opens multiple files in a strange order? For example, if say, I have four files in a folder, named A, C, J, Z and to open them, I select them in this order..A, C, J, Z, then windows will open them in...
  6. Opening Files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Files in File Explorer: Tell me how to open files liked I used to be able to do by double-clicking on a file. Now when I double-click on a file, it simply opens in a preview on the right or highlights the filename as though I want to rename the file. P.S. Quit screwing around with File Explorer....
  7. File explorer not opening multiple files at once.

File explorer not opening multiple files at once.: For some reason, when I try to open 45 files at once, it does nothing. Somehow I was able to do this with over 100 files but I forgot how I managed to do that. They all have the same program and same file extension .mesh. It's supposed to open with a converter program....
  8. File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows

File Explorer Keeps Opening Files Multiple Times In Multiple Windows: I have done the 'system file checker' scan and have the computer running in 'clean' mode and still Windows 10 seems to continue opening new manifestations of "File Explorer" without prompting. At the moment it is up to four, but it will continue to grow. Is there a fix in...
  9. Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.

Multiple File Explorer pages opening every morning.: I recently received an email from a user, saying that every morning when she turns on her pc there will be several tabs of file explorer open. I've never seen an issue like this before and would like to help her out....
  10. File Explorer multiple windows opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer multiple windows opening: A new glitch has developed in my Win 10 file explorer. Whenever I attempt to select multiple files in a row, in order to move them, no matter how careful I am multiple windows open for each file. As I have over 2000 files to move from one network computer to another this has...