Windows 10: Opening multiple files with the same extention

Discus and support Opening multiple files with the same extention in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I feel stupid even asking, but I used to be able to open many files with the same extension (in this case .xlsx) by selecting them all in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Perplexed user99, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Opening multiple files with the same extention

I feel stupid even asking, but I used to be able to open many files with the same extension (in this case .xlsx) by selecting them all in File Explorer and hitting enter. Now it doesn't work.

In Windows 10 how do you open multiple files, with the same extension, at the same time?

:)

Perplexed user99, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Mar 29, 2019
  3. xypha Win User
    Open With on multiple files?

you can do this using a workaround by using "Send to" on the right click context menu in Windows File Explorer. Here's how

Step 1 - Add Chrome shortcut to SendTo folder so that chrome may appear in the send to menu.<br>
    SendTo folder:%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo

This can be done in one of several ways. I will mention one of the easiest below.

• Right-drag the Google Chrome shortcut that was created on the Desktop when Chrome installed, or the Chrome shortcut in the Start menu, to the SendTo folder and select Copy.

Note: Right-click this shortcut, select Properties, and confirm that the Target field contains no command line options, just the path + file name for Chrome.

Step 2: Select the 16 JPGs, right click, go to "Send to" & select "Google Chrome".

That's it. All JPGs will open in Chrome, each in its own tab.<br>
    I use this with Firefox, but it should work with Chrome too.

Opening multiple files with the same extention AOrAC.png

Troubleshoot #1<br>
    If Google Chrome doesn't appear in the "Send to" menu, try restarting Windows File Explorer from Task Manager.

Troubleshoot #2<br>
    If the JPGs open in multiple windows, you might want to consider installing an extension in Chrome to prevent this behaviour. I suggest One Window.

xypha, Mar 29, 2019
  4. jaydeee Win User

Opening multiple files with the same extention

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Opening multiple files with the same extention :)

jaydeee, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Opening multiple files with the same extention

1. Opening multiple files with the same extention - Similar Threads - Opening multiple files

2. file extention

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file extention: my embroidery files now show as a NSG.DocumentHow do I correct and keep them from changing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extention/69c776f0-427a-49ab-af7a-6033ff161fcd
  3. conflict of file extentions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    conflict of file extentions: I have constantly run into a conflict between VLC and thinkorswim over the file extension of ".ts" As far as I can see there is no way to remove the association from either program, Thinkorswim does not show up in the associations and VLC does but there is no option to...
  4. Open multiple files at the same time?

Open multiple files at the same time?: When I R-Click on a file I can choose the Open With option to choose what program to open the file with but when I select multiple files and R-Click them the Open With option disappears. Why does that happen? Basically I want to open 5 jpeg images in Photoshop but...
  5. How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I open multiple files on File Explorer at the same time?: For some reason whenever I select multiple files, for example 2 videos, only one video gets opened. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do this. submitted by /u/Killjoy3879 [link] [comments]...
  6. Assigning file extentions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assigning file extentions: My default program for the .wmv extension is DivXplus Player. I want to change it to VLC Media Player. On Windows 8.1 it was real easy to do that. It gave you a list of extensions and you could assign any executable to it. On Windows 10 I never could figure out how to do...
  7. Assigning file extentions

in Windows 10 Support
    Assigning file extentions: My default program for the .wmv extension is DivXplus Player. I want to change it to VLC Media Player. On Windows 8.1 it was real easy to do that. It gave you a list of extensions and you could assign any executable to it. On Windows 10 I never could figure out how to do...
  8. * Added to File Extention

* Added to File Extention: Good evening, I recently took files from my Tablet and transferred them to my Thumb Drive. I plugged the drive into my PC and for each file, the file name now reads... examplefilename.jpg.* or Examplemoviename.mp4.* And neither of the two will open. Has this...
  9. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...
  10. Multiple files with same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...