Windows 10: Opening my websites with my default browser

Discus and support Opening my websites with my default browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have found that Microsoft Edge is way to slow as a default browser. I chose Google Chrome as my default browser. I use Cortana a lot. I checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JayTaunton, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Opening my websites with my default browser

I have found that Microsoft Edge is way to slow as a default browser. I chose Google Chrome as my default browser. I use Cortana a lot. I checked my settings and Google Chrome IS my default browser. My question is this. Why does Cortana use Microsoft Edge to open my web pages? It used to use Chrome, as it is my default. Now it always uses Edge. What happened? What can I do to get Cortana to start opening my web pages in Chrome?

Thank You,

Jay

:)

JayTaunton, Feb 18, 2017

2. Desktop shortcut logo for web sites always shows the MS Edge "e"

Adding to Keith:

Regarding .website (Pinned Site shortcuts), I made a edit that makes .website open with the default web browser, be it anything. The edit works fine in Windows 10 as well, with a line added. Check out:

How to Open Pinned Site Shortcuts Using Your Default Browser (Registry Hacks):

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/pinned-site-shortcuts-open-default-browser/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 18, 2017
  3. Renaming Tiles in Windows 10

Adding to Keith:

Regarding .website (Pinned Site shortcuts), I made a edit that makes .website open with the default web browser, be it anything. The edit works fine in Windows 10 as well, with a line added. Check out:

How to Open Pinned Site Shortcuts Using Your Default Browser (Registry Hacks):http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/pinned-site-shortcuts-open-default-browser/

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 18, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

Opening my websites with my default browser

There may be a tutorial on this subject here, but I also found this article on the HowToGeek's site as well: Make the Windows 10 Start Menu and Cortana Search Google Instead of Bing. Goes off to look for a TenForums tutorial ... can't find one ... I saw it discussed in other threads yesterday so while there's no tutorial I can find on this subject somebody else may be able to direct us to local threads for more information. Somebody?
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 18, 2017
Thema:

Opening my websites with my default browser

1. Opening my websites with my default browser - Similar Threads - Opening websites default

2. set CHROME as my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    set CHROME as my default browser: Since, CHROME is not in the MicroSoft "App Store" how do you set CHROME as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-my-default-browser/f21285f8-fc6b-4e5f-97ef-380d306de7b5
  3. Bing as my default browser

in Cortana
    Bing as my default browser: I am a Google Chrome user but my laptop starts up slowly and Windows pictures with questions always come up, using Bing. I dont want this added step every time I turn on my laptop, How do I go just to my files right away and bypass this Bing stuff?...
  4. tabs open for no reason in my default browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    tabs open for no reason in my default browser: Yesterday tabs suddenly opens for no reason that lead to scams mostly like: thegoodcaster, and free phones scam, etc. I used antivirus and antimalware apps but they say that nothing is wrong, by the way it open even if you didn't open your default browser. I tried to fix this...
  5. Updates change my default Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updates change my default Browser.: Hi, It seems that everytime I turn my computer on or there has been an update, I have to reset Google Chrome as my Browser because windows has changed it back to Edge. I am wondering if there is a permanent fix for this as this is becoming such an inconvenience that I am...
  6. all my browser crashes on a website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all my browser crashes on a website: Hi, whenver i use this link https://www.investing.com/equities/interglobe-aviation-ltd-chart and use the chart in full screen mode, after 10-15 mins, all of a sudden, my browser as well as my whole laptop stop working. I tried this link in google chrome, Microsoft edge,...
  7. Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error: Not able to open any website on my browser it show ssl error issue even I'm try to open google.Com or any other website same issue found. I used this computer once on same Wi-Fi were I use other but other computer is working fine Plz help...
  8. Changing Edge as my default browser!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...
  9. Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Seamonkey is my default browser, but IE opens through Outlook: Hi, I have made Seamonkey my default browser. When I click on a link in outlook, IE opens and I do not seem to find a setting to stop outlook doing that. Very annoying. Richard 19838
  10. Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Choose Any Browser To be My Default Browser: Hello Guys After a while of using the new Windows 10 I faced a problem . when any program in the Desktop wonna redirect me to some internet page the system say " How you wonna open this webset ? " . and in normal case it will give the Choose to use any Browser App I have...