Windows 10: Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

Discus and support Opening NEF-files with Photoshop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 through Windows Store. I'm not able to associate NEF-files Nikon RAW files to the program. It do not show up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OleBirket-Smith, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 through Windows Store.

I'm not able to associate NEF-files Nikon RAW files to the program. It do not show up on the list when I'm trying to select the program as default app to open the file type.

Please help.

Thanks

Best regards

Ole

:)

OleBirket-Smith, Dec 14, 2020
  2. SoFine409 Win User

Set file association for .NEF files

I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate .NEF with CS4?

SoFine409, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 will not open my .NEF files

I have a similar problem with my new Nikon. My old Nikon produced photos which could be processed but now when I try to open them, windows try's to open them with an old copy of Photoshop which isn't able to open the new Nikon NEF files. It opens them
    without a problem if I use a newer version of Photoshop through Adobe Creative Cloud or the Photo gallery or Paint Shop Pro

EugeneKatzman, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

Windows 10 will not open my .NEF files

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with .NEF files. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are referring to Windows Photo Gallery or Photos app.

Since NEF is a RAW format, the image usually have huge file size and it will take some time to get opened. I suggest you to try opening the image in Photo gallery and wait for some time and check if you are able to open the picture.

As a troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

1. Opening NEF-files with Photoshop - Similar Threads - Opening NEF files

2. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Now the NEF files for photos: Have taken photos at several weddings without a problem. Now the NEF files for photos Nikon naming on my win10 laptop are being destroyed when moving to a different folder. I will pay Microsoft for win11 that will not run on my laptop if they will quit destroying my photos....
  3. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Now the NEF files for photos: Have taken photos at several weddings without a problem. Now the NEF files for photos Nikon naming on my win10 laptop are being destroyed when moving to a different folder. I will pay Microsoft for win11 that will not run on my laptop if they will quit destroying my photos....
  4. Now the NEF files for photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot delete NEF files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete NEF files: Im running windows 10 pro, but i cannot delete NEF files from the recycle bin, all other files with delete ok. Anyone offer any help please. TIA 173084
  6. nikon nef files quandry

nikon nef files quandry: Hi All Have i got a problem or what?? i downloaded 429 nef filesnikon photos to a directory on my desktop a few weeks ago. I had a look at the directory a couple of days ago and i noticed the files were now a graphic of 2 mountains and a moon in the right corner and 2...
  7. Photoshop Elements and File Manager

Photoshop Elements and File Manager: How to stop Photoshop Elements from opening when I click on a file in File Manager (Windows) to move it. I click on one, shift click to add several, and Photoshop Elements opens....
  8. Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos

Failure opening Nikon Z6 NEF photos: I installed the latest Windows 10 update, version 1903. I installed the RAW Windows extension. I use Windows Photos App. NEF files from my Z6 on an XQD card will open and look fine, but will collapse into random horizontal streaks in 3-4 seconds. What gives? NEF (RAW)...
  9. Win 10 Open jpg files with photoshop as default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Open jpg files with photoshop as default: How to set jpg as default to photoshop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-open-jpg-files-with-photoshop-as-default/05dc0c60-6c36-47bf-9838-e153add5550e
  10. Set file association for .NEF files

Set file association for .NEF files: I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate...