Windows 10: Opening new window other than right clicking and selecting'open in new

Discus and support Opening new window other than right clicking and selecting'open in new in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Is the only way to open a new location in a new window in an explorer window to right click and select 'open in new window'? Or is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichSSc, Feb 4, 2021.

1. RichSSc Win User

Opening new window other than right clicking and selecting'open in new

Hi Everyone,

Is the only way to open a new location in a new window in an explorer window to right click and select 'open in new window'?

Or is there a key you can hold down whilst clicking to force a new window?

I know you can CTRL+N which opens a new window (showing the same location) and then you can select the new location in that window.
    Thanks
    from
    Richard

:)

RichSSc, Feb 4, 2021

2. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Feb 4, 2021
  3. NUS
    Nus Win User
    'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

4. dalchina Win User

Right click will not open new folder

Hi, do you mean you wish to create a new folder, and right clicking empty space, and clicking New, causes file explorer to hang?

You can try repair 30 in this free, cautious repair tool which guides you through the preparatory steps:

Opening new window other than right clicking and selecting'open in new [​IMG]

Note it is intended, as it says, to be run in Safe Mode.

Another option could be to use this:
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 | Tutorials

dalchina, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Opening new window other than right clicking and selecting'open in new - Similar Threads - Opening window right

2. Right Click: To Open Link in New Application Guard Window

in Browsers and Email
    Right Click: To Open Link in New Application Guard Window: Hi, I have activated Application guard for Edge. Is there a way to right click and open new link in application guard window from normal browsing? The only options I see are; Open New Link in, 'new tab' , 'new window' , 'new inprivate window'. To have the option to open a...
  3. Right click New context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  4. Right click on "new"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on "new": when I right-click on my Windows 10 desktop and get a list of options, they all work except "New" which "hangs" then crashes. I can' find a solution for this. I've been through the registry suggestions, and re-installed the O/S (Windows 10 64 bit), but to no avail. Can...
  5. Right Click New Context Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click New Context Freeze: Hello, I'm still having problems with my context menu when I right click on the desktop and go to "New" It freezes before showing any options. I have uninstalled programs that had placed items in the new context menu so at this moment I only have the default things, but it's...
  6. Right click to open a new word doc file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click to open a new word doc file: It is very usual to get a new text document and Microsoft word document by simply doing a right click. But mine has changed from that to [rtf (rich text format) with a right click]. due to some reason Would anybody please explain how to change it back to default [a word...
  7. Right click will not open new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click will not open new folder: When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this any ideas please 127496
  8. the option " New " in Right click can't open ther other options' window and makes the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the option " New " in Right click can't open ther other options' window and makes the...: [ATTACH][ATTACH]please I wait the answer " reply " in deep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-option-new-in-right-click-cant-open-ther-other/740267df-819b-4da8-8d2e-976da1fa71de
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder: Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder -info: I have remapped the documents, pictures, videos, desktop, downloads and folders to the D drive where I want my files to reside and have installed Adobe Creative Cloud The problem details are below,...
  10. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer: I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice: The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening...