Windows 10: Opening Office files crashes Explorer

Discus and support Opening Office files crashes Explorer in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 2013 Pro Plus. when trying to open doc or excel files maybe other files as well, Clicking on the .doc file goes unresponsive and after awhile... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Clintlgm, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Clintlgm Win User

Opening Office files crashes Explorer

Office 2013 Pro Plus. when trying to open doc or excel files maybe other files as well, Clicking on the .doc file goes unresponsive and after awhile closes but crashes explorer ie my desktop refreshes. I can open the same files using the Word or Excel, so the issue seems to be windows issue. This is on both my Dell and Asus Notebooks 2004 OS Build 19041.985 anyone else having the same issues?

:)

Clintlgm, Jun 9, 2021

2. File Explorer crashes on Quick Access Recent files item

Hi Loreto,

Clearing recent files does indeed allow File Explorer to open but my client did as I suggested and left recent files turned off for a few days and then turned it back on. It worked for a while but then started crashing again.

Two users at the same site have now reported the same problem which suggests it's not an individual user doing something unusual. It is very possible that they are working on the same documents in the same project.

The kind of documents in there will be:

• Documents opened directly from SharePoint
    • Documents opened from File Explorer viewing a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from File Explorer using a mapped drive to a SharePoint document library
    • Documents opened from Office 365 OneDrive

It's definitely a bug! Some threads have suggested bizarrely that it's linked to screen scaling?? And they do have a monitor and laptop screen with different scaling.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Nicholson (Home), Jun 9, 2021
  3. file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Opening Office files crashes Explorer

I cannot open any of my Office files; Word, Excel, Powerpoint

You can open old Office files with these settings | PCWorld

Maybe the steps here will let you open your old office files?

sdowney717, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Opening Office files crashes Explorer

1. Opening Office files crashes Explorer - Similar Threads - Opening Office files

2. File Explorer crashes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes upon opening.: I just opened my pc today and it started crashing upon opening file explorer. I haven’t modified or installed anything new the day before. I am a bit confused as to why it’s doing this. I’ve tried rebooting and a system file scan and currently on the latest windows version. I...
  3. File Explorer crashes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer crashes upon opening.: I just opened my pc today and it started crashing upon opening file explorer. I haven’t modified or installed anything new the day before. I am a bit confused as to why it’s doing this. I’ve tried rebooting and a system file scan and currently on the latest windows version. I...
  4. File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell: Hi, File Explorer keeps crashing for me whenever I open a folder or go to any sort of directory and I presume this issue is caused by Open Shell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashing-with-open-shell/a70156ff-126e-4657-bc45-f4edab3f1d2a
  5. File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell: Hi, File Explorer keeps crashing for me whenever I open a folder or go to any sort of directory and I presume this issue is caused by Open Shell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-crashing-with-open-shell/a70156ff-126e-4657-bc45-f4edab3f1d2a
  6. File Explorer Crashing with Open Shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. file explore crashes on opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    file explore crashes on opening: file explore is a fuckin bitch cant even boot my computer into safe mod because it just crashes and i refuse to reinstall windows what should I do submitted by /u/Pichumaster114 [link] [comments]...
  8. Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I try to open .docx any office file the file explorer crash and not responding...: My laptop is Acer Aspire 3 Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎23-‎04-‎2020 14:23 Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with...
  9. File explorer crashes after opening a file

File explorer crashes after opening a file: File explorer crashes after I open one file in explorer. The first one opens fine, but then explorer says not responding and crashes. Please help. I have tried all of the troubleshooting fixes i could find online. Clean Boot, resetting the settings in the view-options...
  10. Unable to open Office files inside file explorer

Unable to open Office files inside file explorer: I am running Windows 10. Inside file explorer, I cannot open office files word, excel, pics, etc - I CAN open PDFs. If I go into the application, word for example, I can pull the file up through browse and open it from there. I also have no preview images on pics. When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .network crashes a BITCH