Windows 10: Opening Old MS Works Documents?

Discus and support Opening Old MS Works Documents? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows 10 has the Office Home and Student 2019 version of MS Office and I've just learned that it can't open files from Microsoft Works. All of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExtensionGo, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Opening Old MS Works Documents?

My Windows 10 has the Office Home and Student 2019 version of MS Office and I've just learned that it can't open files from Microsoft Works.

All of my old documents and spreadsheets from my Windows XP computer were made with Microsoft Works. Is there any way that I can open these files and convert them to a more up-to-date file format?

submitted by /u/ExtensionGo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExtensionGo, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't open documents

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to narrow down the issue and provide appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with answers to the questions below.

1. Is it any specific document, a document type or all documents, you are unable to open?
    2. What happens when you try to open the documents?
    3. Do you get any error message while trying to open the documents?

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How do I make old MS Works files compatible w/Win 10?

I downloaded Libre Office Portable 5.3.0 and tested it on your document. It works. Open it as I described and it should work for you too.

Bree, Feb 3, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Opening Old MS Works Documents?

documents

Hi Richard,

To sort your documents in your File Explorer by date, we suggest following the steps below:

• Type File Explorer in Cortana search box to open File Explorer.
    • Go to the folder that you want to sort.
    • Click on View that is located on the top part of the window.
    • Click on Sort by.
    • Choose Date.

Your files should be sorted by date with this option.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Opening Old MS Works Documents?

1. Opening Old MS Works Documents? - Similar Threads - Opening Old Works

2. Can't open Word Documents with MS 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Word Documents with MS 365: As of earlier this week, our MS 365 will now not let me open Word documents. When I double click on the document title and "Use Word to open" the blue wheel spins than disappears with no document appearing. Files aren't corrupted, as I can open with Office Suite free for now....
  3. Can't open Word Documents with MS 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Word Documents with MS 365: As of earlier this week, our MS 365 will now not let me open Word documents. When I double click on the document title and "Use Word to open" the blue wheel spins than disappears with no document appearing. Files aren't corrupted, as I can open with Office Suite free for now....
  4. MS Publisher Document

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Publisher Document: When I open my document in publisher is now gives me a notice that says "Microsoft Office has identified a potential security concern." It wants me to "enable" or "disable". This has just started....
  5. ms office documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms office documents: why i cannot open ms office documents from whatsapp web or email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-documents/4fa25b34-6482-4e8d-aaa9-79b9f9d8a251
  6. Working with many open documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Working with many open documents.: I work with around 40 documents open at a time. At the moment I scroll through them via the shortcut keys alt+tab. Is there a better way? Can anyone suggest good resources for people that work with many open documents? Thanks....
  7. MS document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS document: When I tried to open a MS document, I got this message. The application was unable to start correctly Oxc0000142 Click OK to close application. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-document/fbd199c1-9b09-4e39-b0fc-db914e8f725b
  8. I am not able to open MS Word documents.

I am not able to open MS Word documents.: I am having problem opening MS Word documents. It kept kicking me out or not even open. There is a notification "Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead." Please advise. Thank you! Ken...
  9. How do I open old word documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I open old word documents: How do I open old word documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-old-word-documents/7c33c35b-b89b-421f-b69b-2e2eadb22990"
  10. When I open MS Word documents

When I open MS Word documents: When I now open MS Word documents I find they are all encrypted. How do I get the documents to display normally? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/when-i-open-ms-word-documents/41b7d182-4393-4b85-a9cf-db993c031280