Windows 10: Opening on News setting

Discus and support Opening on News setting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I customise the type of news that comes up when I open Microsoft Edge? Although I found settings for Sports and Money, it makes no difference... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Terri.Donovan, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Opening on News setting

How can I customise the type of news that comes up when I open Microsoft Edge? Although I found settings for Sports and Money, it makes no difference selecting Off. Also, most of what masquerades as News is actually just Entertainment drivel. There is no option for removing this either. Can anyone please help with this, or offer suggestions on opening with some News site that offers genuine personalisation options? Thanks, Terri

:)

Terri.Donovan, Oct 26, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Opening on News setting

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Opening on News setting

1. Opening on News setting - Similar Threads - Opening News setting

2. News Notifications Not Opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Notifications Not Opening.: News Notifications Not Opening.I have a Microsoft Surface Book running Windows 10. I get notifications of news "Top Story", "Breaking News" and "Top Stories", but, when I click on one, I get the message "{"title":"Failed to forward request through...
  3. News Notifications Not Opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News Notifications Not Opening.: News Notifications Not Opening.I have a Microsoft Surface Book running Windows 10. I get notifications of news "Top Story", "Breaking News" and "Top Stories", but, when I click on one, I get the message "{"title":"Failed to forward request through...
  4. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  5. "News and Interest" does not open browser

"News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  6. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. News and Weather widget won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Weather widget won't open: Since yesterday the News and Weather widget has failed to open when I click on it. It does update the temperature and weather conditions, but it won't open to view the forecast and news. As far as I know I haven't changed any settings. Any suggestions? Thank you....
  8. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  9. Weather and News settings page is empty

Weather and News settings page is empty: Hello to all,When I try to setup the new Weather and New widget on my Windows 10 top right 3 dots/ Language and content, I'm redirected to my Edge browser on page https://www.msn.com/fr-fr/feed/personalize/settings?ocid=winp1taskbar, but the page is empty, it shows nothing: I...
  10. Windows to left of Fox News will not open

Windows to left of Fox News will not open: Windows on left side of Fox News will not open!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-to-left-of-fox-news-will-not-open/d6b80bc1-b870-42dc-ba47-792f2eee1a92