Windows 10: Opening Outlook 2010

Discus and support Opening Outlook 2010 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Martin 112, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Opening Outlook 2010

when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the disk, no change. How do I find this file?

:)

Martin 112, Oct 21, 2019

2. Getting Outlook 2010 to open on the Calender

So yea, is there a way of getting Outlook 2010 to open on the calender page and not the General page?

WhiteLotus, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Phil3 Win User
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily.

Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010, I get this error message.

"This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

Uninstalling, reinstalling, and changing default browsers (IE, Edge, Chrome, Firefox) does nothing. I am at wits end. ANY suggestions would be very welcome.

Notes: Opening hyperlinks from Outlook.com works fine. Outlook 2010 as in Office 2010 does not work.

Thank you.

Phil

Phil3, Oct 21, 2019
  4. xbonez Win User

Opening Outlook 2010

Getting Outlook 2010 to open on the Calender

This should help

MalekTips

xbonez, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Opening Outlook 2010

1. Opening Outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - Opening Outlook 2010

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  4. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  5. 2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2010 Outlook cannot be opened anylonger in windows: Help! After trying to open my deceased husbands Outlook pst data file and not having the password, I tried many times to change the password. At the time, I could open the Outlook app, open the folders and file section and try to navigate/change the settings. But suddenly, I...
  6. Microsoft Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Outlook 2010: Hi, Everytime I click on a link in an email I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to due to restriction in effect on this computer. pleas e contact your administrator" The only administrator is me as this is a home laptop. I have tried...
  7. Outlook 2010 will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2010 will not open: I get the following error message: "Cannot open your default email folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recieve message cannot be found. Check your settings in this Microsoft Outlook profile. In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then...
  8. Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Open Hyperlinks Outlook 2010: I have scoured the Internet, tried a variety of things, but none have fixed an inability to open a hyperlink in Outlook 2010. I believe this started when I uninstalled Firefox and Adobe Acrobat Reader temporarily. Upon clicking on a hyperlink in an e-mail in Outlook 2010,...
  9. New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening

in Browsers and Email
    New Problem - Outlook 2010 Links Not Opening: Sorry, I searched but did not see another thread on this topic. This just started today, maybe after a reboot. Up until today, when I clicked on a hyper link in an email, the link location would open in Firefox, my default browser. Now all of a sudden, nothing at all is...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659