Windows 10: opening pdf documents from web

Discus and support opening pdf documents from web in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I click on a pdf from the web, I want it to open in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, not in Edge. I've seen multiple questions on this and the answers given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by E'P, Dec 21, 2021.

1. E'P
    E'P Win User

opening pdf documents from web

When I click on a pdf from the web, I want it to open in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, not in Edge. I've seen multiple questions on this and the answers given seem obsolete as they refer to setting options that don't seem to exist eg, Edge opens PDF from web even if you have Acrobat as the default - Microsoft Community. If MS doesn't want to fix this, I'll stop using Edge entirely and go to Chrome or Firefox.

:)

2. Edwin Win User

Open pdf documents with 2 different applications

Right click on each specific App and choose the pdf from the jump list.

Edwin, Dec 21, 2021
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Dec 21, 2021
  4. opening pdf documents from web

Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader - Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

opening pdf documents from web

1. opening pdf documents from web - Similar Threads - opening pdf documents

2. How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?: I am reviewing a Municode set of local government ordinances using Adobe comment. My employer too cheap to buy Edit module. I saved the regs as PDF so I could employ Adobe to review and comment on these regulations.However when I tried to save the review to file yesterday it...
  3. How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?: I am reviewing a Municode set of local government ordinances using Adobe comment. My employer too cheap to buy Edit module. I saved the regs as PDF so I could employ Adobe to review and comment on these regulations.However when I tried to save the review to file yesterday it...
  4. How to save comments on a document converted to pdf from the Web?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. remove watermark from pdf document

remove watermark from pdf document: remove watermark from pdf document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-watermark-from-pdf-document/9c14cfd2-882f-42c7-b738-f915dcd0df02
  6. remove watermark from pdf document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove watermark from pdf document: remove watermark from pdf document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-watermark-from-pdf-document/9c14cfd2-882f-42c7-b738-f915dcd0df02
  7. opening pdf documents from web

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening pdf documents from web: When I click on a pdf from the web, I want it to open in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, not in Edge. I've seen multiple questions on this and the answers given seem obsolete as they refer to setting options that don't seem to exist eg, Edge opens PDF from web even if you have Acrobat...
  8. opening pdf documents from web

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening pdf documents from web: When I click on a pdf from the web, I want it to open in Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, not in Edge. I've seen multiple questions on this and the answers given seem obsolete as they refer to setting options that don't seem to exist eg, Edge opens PDF from web even if you have Acrobat...
  9. Cannot open .pdf documents

Cannot open .pdf documents: Hello, I've used .pdf for years on my computer, I've been using Windows 10 for since it came out. I see on your site that there were earlier problesm like this when it first came out. I've not had this problem before, but starting last week I can't open .pdf files. I get...
  10. Can't open PDF files from web

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open PDF files from web: All of a sudden, I can't access any pdf files from the web anymore. I click the link to open the file (even ones that have worked fine before) and it just opens a new tab with a blank grey screen. I am using Chrome....