Windows 10: Opening PDFs from an online newspaper

Discus and support Opening PDFs from an online newspaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know you've had this question before but I have never seen a workable answer. 9 out of 10 times I cannot open a downloaded PDF of a newspaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Regalhank, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Regalhank Win User

Opening PDFs from an online newspaper

I know you've had this question before but I have never seen a workable answer. 9 out of 10 times I cannot open a downloaded PDF of a newspaper article from my online subscription to that newspaper. Not in any browser or with any reader. Default is Adobe Acrobat. However, 1 out of 10 times it does work. Yes, I have tried Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 10 but that does not work either. The newspaper techs say it works on their end so they have no solutions. I can open any other PDFs or downloads from elsewhere. Opening PDFs from an online newspaper aadc0207-06a7-43fd-9cc2-3e02aad04248?upload=true.jpg This is the message every time. I have tried everything recommended. Any other suggestions?

:)

Regalhank, Jan 21, 2019

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Community: Acrobat Reader | Adobe Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 21, 2019
  3. dorsettaw Win User
    my local newspaper is listed as news however it always states there is an error and cannot open my newspaper in Windows 10

my local newspaper is listed as news however it always states there is an error and cannot open my newspaper in Windows 10

dorsettaw, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Opening PDFs from an online newspaper - Similar Threads - Opening PDFs online

2. opening PDFs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    opening PDFs: Trying to open PDFs as normal but keep getting this pop-up on my screen “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe” “%1”. Does anyone know what is going on and how it can be fixed? Many thanks in advance...
  3. opening PDFs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    opening PDFs: Trying to open PDFs as normal but keep getting this pop-up on my screen “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe” “%1”. Does anyone know what is going on and how it can be fixed? Many thanks in advance...
  4. opening PDFs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to prevent Chromedge from Opening PDFs

in Browsers and Email
    How to prevent Chromedge from Opening PDFs: Currently running Win10 1909, IE11, Edge Chromium and Acrobat Reader 11. Ever since I updated to new edge any PDFs online that I click on with IE open in Edge by default. I would prefer to open them in Acrobat Reader but cannot find the setting. My company uses PIV cards and...
  6. Vault cannot open PDFs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vault cannot open PDFs: I set up my Vault on a Samsung Android phone and added files. Then when I went to my PC to pull up the Vault, PDFs will not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vault-cannot-open-pdfs/882d5ef7-df5e-42a5-943a-0e7b10589cac"
  7. Cannot open PDFs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open PDFs: Received recent updates and now when I try to open a PDF, I get two error messages: [ATTACH] when I click OK, get this message [ATTACH] HOWEVER, when I forward PDF to my gmail account and open while in google/gmail, file opens OK, no error message. what's wrong?...
  8. pdfs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pdfs: can not send pdf files with my gmail. was able to do this last week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdfs/bb3ffd38-fb23-4865-9b7c-2bcb64ac6909"
  9. Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers: I met a legally blind person who is not aware that software exists to read online media articles. I remember trying and being impressed with such software about 20 years ago and imagine that text to speech software has improved since then Can someone please recommend free...
  10. Newspaper looks terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Newspaper looks terrible.: As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution. With other browsers i have no problem.So,what is the problem here? http://users.telenet.be/solidjumbo/Foto/Krant.JPG 98821