Windows 10: opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

Discus and support opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an issue here. When i dubble klick on a photo jpg, normaly an app activates photo viewer and you can view the photo. But here i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Christoffel1970, Jun 6, 2020.

1. opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

Hi there,

I have an issue here.

When i dubble klick on a photo jpg, normaly an app activates photo viewer and you can view the photo.

But here i only get the popup screen to choose your app before the photo will displayed

When i choose the app i want, and saving it, its not working.

Every time i dubble klick on a picture only the popup-screen pops up again.

What ever i do only this popup screen shows. Even afther saving your choosen app viewer

Its in a "loop"

This issue apairs only on my windows id / profile and not on a profile of a family member on the same computer.

dont know what to do

:)

Christoffel1970, Jun 6, 2020

2. Picture formats Windows Photo viewer will display in Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you mean Photo app?

• Are you not able to open a picture format type in the Photo app?

Photo app supports all picture format types to display on the screen. It will not open the photos whose picture format is not set to open in Photo app viewer. Set the Photo app viewer as the default picture viewer to the open pictures in that particular
    app.

To set Photo app as the default photo viewer, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

• Click on System option from the window and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

• Under Choose Default apps, click on
      Photo viewer option and choseWindows
      Photo app.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

You can also set different photo viewer applications for different picture formats by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on System option from the window and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

• Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type.

• Click on the file type from the window and select an application to make it as default from
      Choose an App window.

• Close the window and check if you are able to open different file formats in the set defaults viewer applications.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Qu3ntino Win User

opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

Unable to set Windows Photo Viewer to open pictures

I would like Windows Photo Viewer, instead of the Photos app, to open pictures. However when I go to: "Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs\Set Program Associations" to change the default options to Windows Photo Viewer, I only see
    under extensions:

• .tif
    • .tiff
    Where are the others (eg. jpg, png)???

Any help?

Qu3ntino, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

1. opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers - Similar Threads - opening pictures closen

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  5. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  6. Photo Viewer app???

Photo Viewer app???: Hi; I updated a friends comp to win10 from win8.1, now all her pics are missing info. She swears she was using windows photo viewer and had all her pics titled and dated. This is different from file name. Win10 photo app does not show the title/Subject or date. I tried...
  7. Windows Photo Viewer, Print Pictures is not printing all of the pictures...

Windows Photo Viewer, Print Pictures is not printing all of the pictures...: I am on a windows 10 computer. I use the "Print" option when I want to print multiple photos on a 11x8.5" sheet like the screen shot below: [ATTACH] Below is what it looks like when I try to print: [ATTACH] It doesn't mater which print. I have HP's, Epson's and a Sharp...
  8. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Photo App will not open a picture: I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs. Need to know how to resolve....
  9. Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App: Just a few days ago I started having issues where I would open an image with the Photos app and it would take a while to load and then would just give me a black window. I try again, sometimes I get the same black window after a long load and other times the picture shows up...
  10. picture shuffling in photo viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    picture shuffling in photo viewer: hi, the problem i face that is ,i have some picture in my folder . i want to view them in order asseding or by date . but photo viewer didnot play them in order . picture change by left right arrow keys in shuffle. why pictures are not play next ,next,next,next. 1 picture...