Windows 10: Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download

Discus and support Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I open a .png file saved on my computer with Internet Explorer, instead of displaying the .png image in the browser as it should, a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lizzie Jo PC 11, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Lizzie Jo PC 11 Win User

Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download

Whenever I open a .png file saved on my computer with Internet Explorer, instead of displaying the .png image in the browser as it should, a window comes up asking me if I want to save or open the image, as if I was trying to download something from the internet. Selecting save does what it usually would, and saves the file to the computer again. Selecting open simply opens the windows asking me to save or open again.

This does not occur on all of my computers. Currently, it only happens on my desktop running Windows 10, but my laptop, which is running the same version, same build, same update, does not do this.

Can someone please help me solve this issue? Thank you.

:)

Lizzie Jo PC 11, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Cruvenium Win User

[IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Vinodh_Kumar V Win User
    .jar files opening in internet explorer

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that .jar files opens in Internet Explorer by default and downloads again on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on the .jar file, select Open with
    and click on Choose another app.

2. Select the app you want to open the .jar file from list.

3. If required, highlight the app and check the option
    Always use this app to open, click OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 21, 2018
  4. bruins004 Win User

Internet Explorer not launching on new build

Didnt kno where to put this guys and need some answers.
    I just did a fresh install of Windows XP Pro on my 2nd rig (finally got it up and running).
    Now when I open up Internet Explorer and try to go to any page I get an error prompt saying that Inertnet Explorer cannot open up the serach page.
    I get it for every website that I try to connect.
    I also noticied that when I launch the command prompt and enter the command ipconfig there is no Default Gateway listed.
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Is my winsok32.dll broken?

Thanks

bruins004, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Opening .png files in Internet Explorer prompts me to download - Similar Threads - Opening png files

2. File Explorer - Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Downloads: Attached is my operating system, not showing product[ATTACH] keys. Files in my Downloads Folder have been disappearing for weeks. Yesterday 11/12/2018, I downloads a file from Bleepiing Computer I know it completed because I went to the folder yesterday and ran the file...
  3. Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening JPG or PNG files in Excel 365; keeps asking me " How do you want to open": Why does excel keep asking me how I want to open JPG files? If I use GIF, it just opens them right away. Use JPG, it asks me every time even when I select "Always use this app to open JPG file" If I open the jpg through windows explorer, it opens right away. My default...
  4. when i download .MBLooks it opens in internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i download .MBLooks it opens in internet explorer: everytime I download then open .MBLooks documents it always opens in internet explorer and I want it to open in .zip and It doesn't give me options on what to open it with. it says open with app store or internet explorer can you please tell me what to do? thankyou...
  5. Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Will Not Open: IE 11 will not open. I’m on Windows 10 and have been trouble free since upgrading from Windows 7 some months ago. I had been using IE 11 without any problems and then had about an hour and a half break. I returned to the PC to find that the programme (IE11)would not open...
  6. Internet Explorer 11 not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 not opening: Internet explorer 11 will not open, did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 home edition. I have run a repair install & dism /restorehealth , unchecked ie 11 in programs & features rebooted and still nothing need help. 23760
  7. Open with Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Open with Internet Explorer: I have 1 desktop and 2 All In Ones which I am trying to configure to W10. I just changed the desktop to IE using the switch under the three dots where it says open with IE. I tried to do the same with this AIO and that switch doesn't work. I attempted to reset the default...
  8. Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files.: CCleaner always detects 1-2GB files to be cleaned from IE. I don't use IE, Edge occasionally so what are these files? Are they possibly Windows update files? 89384
  9. outlook open with internet explorer

in Browsers and Email
    outlook open with internet explorer: When I want to open a link in outlook 2010 to open a website, I have to choose the app to open. I choose IE and also put a X by "Always use this app" . But next time I receive the same ... (when I choose edge, there is no problem but I want to use IE Internet explorer is...
  10. How to open PNG file

in Windows 10 Support
    How to open PNG file: Can someone advise me how to open PNG files please.....have tried converting them, but with no success.....the files are pictures from a live webcam on a holiday destination........am I able to view these ? I am sure I have done so before..........Del. 56797