Windows 10: Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint

Discus and support Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! Is there a way to open a previous version of an Excel file that has since been saved over? The 'Previous versions' tab is blank when I right click.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A-Lo, Dec 19, 2021.

1. A-Lo Win User

Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint

Hi! Is there a way to open a previous version of an Excel file that has since been saved over? The 'Previous versions' tab is blank when I right click. However, I see the version I need when I open a blank Excel file and choose File; it appears in the Recent list. Thanks!

:)

2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Dec 19, 2021
  3. Saving an attachment via file explorer to SharePoint

Hi Anthony,

There are several reasons why you are encountering this situation when saving an
    Excel or a Word file to your SharePoint
    folder. To better assist you, we need the answer to the following questions:

• Which Windows version are you using?
    • Is your computer on a domain?

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 19, 2021
  4. Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint

SharePoint File Versions Not Available in Windows Explorer

Hi MJohns55,

The “Restore Previous Versions” is the feature for Windows File Explorer while the “version history” feature is for SharePoint or OneDrive Online.

Thanks for your suggestions. To address your requirement, we would suggest you vote this UserVoice:

Renamed file/extension Restore from Previous version
    or post a new one to describe more clearly about your requirement. The high votes will make the product team pay more attention to this. This is also the best platform
    for us to hear from you and to make our products and services better for you and others.

Thanks,

Rena

Rena Yu MSFT, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint

1. Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint - Similar Threads - Opening previous version

2. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  3. Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete previous versions from Sharepoint Site: Hello,I found that every file in every sharepoint site in our tenant has multiple previous versions, up to 100 per file. Are there any way to delete all previous versions in bulk, except last three for whole site? Or just all previous versions?Thanks in advance...
  4. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  5. Opening Saved Excel,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening Saved Excel,: I have a file saved in Excel and was just wandering if there was any way to program this file to open in full screen?There are times when I open this file and just the resizing and closing buttons are displayed....
  6. Opening Saved Excel,

7. Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint

Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint: Hi! Is there a way to open a previous version of an Excel file that has since been saved over? The 'Previous versions' tab is blank when I right click. However, I see the version I need when I open a blank Excel file and choose File; it appears in the Recent list. Thanks!...
  8. Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint

Opening previous version of saved over Excel file not on OneDrive or SharePoint: Hi! Is there a way to open a previous version of an Excel file that has since been saved over? The 'Previous versions' tab is blank when I right click. However, I see the version I need when I open a blank Excel file and choose File; it appears in the Recent list. Thanks!...
  9. SharePoint 2013 - unable to open previous versions of Word documents on Windows 10

SharePoint 2013 - unable to open previous versions of Word documents on Windows 10: Unfortunately when I try to open earlier versions of a document from "version history" in SharePoint 2013 I consistently get an error message advising me that I can't open it. e.g. [ATTACH] When I click on the link that would previously have loaded up a specific...
  10. Need help to restore Excel file that was saved over

Need help to restore Excel file that was saved over: I have saved over an excel file that I had saved in my documents in error. How can I restore or retrieve the file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-to-restore-excel-file-that-was-saved/63b18ed4-5f5f-4502-8885-c281b4f37f8d