Windows 10: Opening programs/apps

Discus and support Opening programs/apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I double click on an app or a program, I get a blue circle for a few seconds, it stops, and nothing happens. The program/app does not open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlotteWise, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Opening programs/apps

When I double click on an app or a program, I get a blue circle for a few seconds, it stops, and nothing happens. The program/app does not open. This happens to old and newly installed programs and apps. It happens off and on. Help?

:)

CharlotteWise, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Opening programs/apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Kasabugu Win User
    Add app/program to 'Open with' apps list

Am I missing something? I just want to add a program to the list of files in the "Open with" list; in win XP and 7 it was just a matter of associating the file type with the program but in win 10 this doesn't seem possible. To make it clear I don't want
    to change the default program just to add a program to the 'Open with' list for example .html .css .js files I am developing need to be opened with a browser as default or sometimes Dreamweaver ( which IS in the list ) but sometimes I want to open it with
    my text editor since it is quicker to see the contents of the file but in order to do so I need to... right click the file > select open with > choose another app > select my editor from the list.

I used to right click > select open with > choose my editor. Since I do this many times it is a pain to have the extra step.

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

Kasabugu, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

Opening programs/apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Opening programs/apps

1. Opening programs/apps - Similar Threads - Opening programs apps

2. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.: Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've...
  3. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.: Recently my PC has stopped opening certain apps. The loading screen of the application I'm trying to open always pops up and loads all the way but it seems the application crashes immediately. Sometimes after a few restarts of my PC the program starts working fine. I've...
  4. Windows 10 - apps and programs not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to open programs or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to open programs or apps: I can't open any programs or apps, I've tried using start and through clicking it through the desktop. It seems like the only app i can open is Google Chrome and Discord, but that might be because theyre startup apps. submitted by /u/Prudent-Flow4720 [link] [comments]...
  6. All apps/programs .exe not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    All apps/programs .exe not opening: Hi! May someone help me please? Whenever I click a program/app to use, instead of opening it, its saying "click a new program to use, choose one from thee microsoft store" I can't open system restore to do a restore point but I can open Regestry editorr and I think it might...
  7. Unable to open apps / programs

Unable to open apps / programs: Suddenly a lot of my apps / programs such as windows photo viewer, speed test etc. will not open, I get the following message: We're updating Photos. It should be ready to use shortly. How do I fix?...
  8. computer slow opening apps and programs

computer slow opening apps and programs: computer is slow at opening apps and other programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-slow-opening-apps-and-programs/95f295c9-e562-44ab-958c-7400bd0f44a3
  9. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...
  10. open with in app default programs

in Windows 10 Support
    open with in app default programs: hi all, I have installed Polarr photo editing app. I Microsoft Photos for importing and viewing images, I use polar for editing. A week ago I had no issues, within Photos i had the open to open with, and select polarr, this has now disappeared. I factory rest incase it was...