Windows 10: Opening programs starts after a delay?

Discus and support Opening programs starts after a delay? in Cortana to solve the problem; This is a problem i've been facing more and more often recently, and it's been a pain that is getting more difficult to ignoreSo here is the basic of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Good MagicalMorning, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Opening programs starts after a delay?

This is a problem i've been facing more and more often recently, and it's been a pain that is getting more difficult to ignoreSo here is the basic of it:A few minutes after booting into windows, every program i opened will start to not respond before restarting after ~20 seconds, only when i try to interact with them. The programs that i do not touch at all will crash the moment i start to do anything.Some other additional info that happens are;- Any window opened will not respond to me opening it, except for programs like file explorer and task manager, even actions like moving into zoom brea

:)

Good MagicalMorning, Apr 29, 2021
  2. CAT
    cat Win User

How to delay starting programs at Windows startup?

I have the following in a batch file in C:\Users\cat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup:

To start Steam with a 30 second delay, in place of just Steam.lnk that starts it right away.

This does not work, for Steam, or for other programs, with other time delays.

How do I delay startup applications with a script?

I'd rather not download another application to do this, like this question (which also suggests many broken links and non-FOSS programs) suggests.

3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 29, 2021
  4. zinou Win User

Opening programs starts after a delay?

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Opening programs starts after a delay? [​IMG]

Opening programs starts after a delay? [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Opening programs starts after a delay?

1. Opening programs starts after a delay? - Similar Threads - Opening programs starts

2. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  3. Program starting after delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program starting after delay: For some time I have problem with my system that some programs open after about 10 secounds of waiting. It started randomly and I don't now how to fix that. Also I reseted my pc to default settings but same programs still launching after 10 secounds of delay....
  4. how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded: I'm running windows 10. How do I set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-a-delay-to-a-program-to-start-after/4dd1eb82-caec-4d60-a162-cc26c7576d60
  5. how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded

how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded: I'm running windows 10. How do I set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-a-delay-to-a-program-to-start-after/4dd1eb82-caec-4d60-a162-cc26c7576d60
  6. how to set a DELAY to a program to start after windows has loaded

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. delay start programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  8. delay start programs

delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  9. Delay in opening windows after sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delay in opening windows after sign in: We have a notebook HP Pavilion that has a four to five minute delay in opening Windows after the initial splash screen and sign in. After typing the PIN the screen goes black and the mouse cursor appears. We have done the most recent updates, and just completed a reset and...
  10. Delay on starting programs from tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay on starting programs from tiles: Steam and Origin are big offenders here, but they're not alone. I click to launch, the start menu stays open and nothing happens. After about a ten second delay, the start menu closes and the program launches. It happens with numerous custom tiles I've created, including...