Windows 10: Opening programs starts after a delay?

Discus and support Opening programs starts after a delay? in Cortana to solve the problem; This is a problem i've been facing more and more often recently, and it's been a pain that is getting more difficult to ignoreSo here is the basic of... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Good MagicalMorning, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Opening programs starts after a delay?

This is a problem i've been facing more and more often recently, and it's been a pain that is getting more difficult to ignoreSo here is the basic of it:A few minutes after booting into windows, every program i opened will start to not respond before restarting after ~20 seconds, only when i try to interact with them. The programs that i do not touch at all will crash the moment i start to do anything.Some other additional info that happens are;- Any window opened will not respond to me opening it, except for programs like file explorer and task manager, even actions like moving into zoom brea

:)

Good MagicalMorning, Apr 29, 2021
  2. CAT
    cat Win User

How to delay starting programs at Windows startup?

I have the following in a batch file in C:\Users\cat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup:

To start Steam with a 30 second delay, in place of just Steam.lnk that starts it right away.

This does not work, for Steam, or for other programs, with other time delays.

How do I delay startup applications with a script?

I'd rather not download another application to do this, like this question (which also suggests many broken links and non-FOSS programs) suggests.

3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Apr 29, 2021
  4. zinou Win User

Opening programs starts after a delay?

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Opening programs starts after a delay? [​IMG]

Opening programs starts after a delay? [​IMG]

zinou, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

Opening programs starts after a delay?

1. Opening programs starts after a delay? - Similar Threads - Opening programs starts

2. A Program in Start bar but not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    A Program in Start bar but not opening: [ATTACH] Please take a look task bar there is a additional space before settings application How to remove that ?? This is happening after system restore for recent system restore point....
  3. Delay in opening windows after sign in

Delay in opening windows after sign in: We have a notebook HP Pavilion that has a four to five minute delay in opening Windows after the initial splash screen and sign in. After typing the PIN the screen goes black and the mouse cursor appears. We have done the most recent updates, and just completed a reset and...
  4. Delay on starting programs from tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay on starting programs from tiles: Steam and Origin are big offenders here, but they're not alone. I click to launch, the start menu stays open and nothing happens. After about a ten second delay, the start menu closes and the program launches. It happens with numerous custom tiles I've created, including...
  5. Start up delay

Start up delay: Password request does not pop up after 5 minutes or more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-delay/909a7a85-d31d-4449-b98c-b8513004ea31
  6. Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu: After 20 secs or more (I timed it) of not touching the start button, when I press it, it'll take a full second to even a second and a half before it finally pops up. This is a minor thing, I know, but it's really irritating. Is anyone else experiencing this? I also did some...
  7. start menu delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu delay: Whenever i open start in win 10 it opens quickly but later it opens after some delay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-delay/7b658f5d-fd7c-4bfe-9cc8-02aab9ff6f5b
  8. Start button delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button delay: Hi all, just reporting an annoying issue, nothing critical, but most times when I click the Windows Start button there is a slight delay (1 to 2 seconds) in displaying the start screen menu, like it's not snappy. Any feedback on this? Thanks 136987
  9. Programs startup delay

Programs startup delay: So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to start...why is it doing this because it is bothering me a lot and I need it to stop doing it because of how much it is bothering...
  10. Delay in starting Windows

Delay in starting Windows: A few weeks ago I suddenly experienced a delay in the startup of Windows 10. It is consistent every time now. When I do a power up the system seems to initially boot as before then the screen goes blank for about one minute before the log in screen appears. Previously the...