Windows 10: Opening rar. files

Discus and support Opening rar. files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello... how do I open a rar. file safety. I realize that I need an App but to do this but I'm aware that I may download other bumf when I do. So what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stubtoe, Sep 9, 2016.

1. stubtoe Win User

Opening rar. files

hello... how do I open a rar. file safety. I realize that I need an App but to do this but I'm aware that I may download other bumf when I do. So what I'm trying to say can you direct me to a a safe site ... free of coarse ...Joe

:)

stubtoe, Sep 9, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

.RAR Files only download and open in notepad.

The file downloads correctly, but since you assigned .rar to Notepad, it doesn't respond like it normally should. But no worries.

Right-click on a .rar and select Open with...

Choose a program that can open the .rar format and make it the default for all .rar archives. Ta da!

BulldogXX, Sep 9, 2016
  3. How do I open a password protected file on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with opening rar files on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in rar file settings.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

Are you getting any error message while accessing the rar file?

I suggest you try opening rar file by following below steps.

1. To open the password protected file.

2. Right click on the archive or rar file and click on “Extract to

3. It will ask for password. Enter the password the rar file and click on Ok.

4. Then Archive will be extracted.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 9, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

Opening rar. files

Download 7-Zip which can open just about any archive and is free

Download

shimshom, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Grizzly Win User
    Winrar is a trial software which usually runs 30 days. after that one needs to buy it, so the common consent.
    WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
    I am using winrar 5.00 currently and even the trial period is expired, it is still functional but gets a popup every time I open it. Does not bother me though.
    Current version is 5.40 and nothing comes with it (no bloatware)

Grizzly, Sep 9, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Sep 9, 2016
  7. OldMause Win User
    Is there a way to open Rar files in Windows Explorer (like Zip files)? Something like rar-plugin for Explorer?

OldMause, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Opening rar. files

1. Opening rar. files - Similar Threads - Opening rar files

2. Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where to the files go if I open them in a RAR file?: I tried opening a zip file in the Data D: and it instantly filled up my Local Disk C:. Where does it go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-to-the-files-go-if-i-open-them-in-a-rar-file/eb7232c6-5701-42e3-9892-b2cc3126ab5c
  3. i cant seen to open rar. files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant seen to open rar. files: Hello, ive been downloading mods for a game but when i pressed "Open with" i pressed notebook *for some dumb reason* and i dident know that i had "Always open with" checked so now every .rar thing will turn out to be notebook....
  4. Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open .rar's with File Explorer?: I tried to switch around some stuff because my .rar's opened as Windows Media Players application. I attempted to find the explorer .exe. I found it and it said this. [ATTACH]...
  5. rar files opening with Internet Explorer

rar files opening with Internet Explorer: I want My rar files to open with Internet Explorer but I accidentally got them opening with Internet Explorer. I want them to return to opening with Files Explorer....
  6. How to open rar files in windows 10

How to open rar files in windows 10: Hello, I have some difficulty opening rar files. Is it necessary to download some software that does not come included with Windows itself to open this kind of files? Can you recommend a few applications for uncompressing rar files? Thank you!...
  7. How to open RAR files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open RAR files in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Can Windows 10 open RAR files? Yes, Windows 10 can open RAR files. Just like any other compressed file, RAR files are a proprietary archive file that supports data compression, error recovery and file spanning. While you can open RAR files in Windows 10, it’s...
  8. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  9. .rar files

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar files: When I Try To Open .rar Files Its Not Working PLESE HELP ME[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rar-files/c25d582a-edae-4ea0-8b49-0ca1aa0e02eb
  10. How to use 7zip to open RAR files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use 7zip to open RAR files: On this computer there is a 7zip program to open zip files. In its current default configuration it is not able to open RAR files. When attempting to open RAR files the screen will only flash. Switching browsers had no change in result. Win zip was downloaded but it has a...