Windows 10: Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background.

Discus and support Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background. in Cortana to solve the problem; I have lost track when this issue started but it's been a long standing issue that I hope would get solved somewhere down the line. It's not a big... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by EddAran, Feb 13, 2021.

1. EddAran Win User

Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background.

I have lost track when this issue started but it's been a long standing issue that I hope would get solved somewhere down the line. It's not a big issue too but something that has gone for this long might not have been noticed.

You can easily replicate this issue by opening Search via the Win+S hotkey as long as you haven't opened the Start menu since boot. So if you want to see this for yourself, reboot your PC, then open Search with the Win+S hotkey. Once you open the Start menu, the issue won't happen anymore. I've seen this behavior in all of the PC's I've built or helped install Windows on so I'm pretty sure it's not an issue outside of Windows. It happens on fresh installs without drivers installed yet as far as I've observed.

Any permanent solution to this or have an idea why this is happening? Again, this is not a huge issue as you could literally solve it with a keystroke.

:)

EddAran, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Using Paint to Write Yellon on a Black Background

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Open Paint.

• Under Home Tab, Click on Fill with color.

• Select the black color, and now click on blank page below.

• Now the background will be in black color.

• Select Brushes under Home tab and select yellow color.

• Then you will be able to write word and Figures in yellow color.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background.

Marivel Man, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background.

1. Opening Search with Win+S puts out a black background. - Similar Threads - Opening Search Win+S

2. Search Issue Win + S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Issue Win + S: How do I remove the Bing AI and Web thing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-issue-win-s/b42e52d1-9aca-4d1f-97cf-6c634ef5bbc5
  3. Search Issue Win + S

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Issue Win + S: How do I remove the Bing AI and Web thing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-issue-win-s/b42e52d1-9aca-4d1f-97cf-6c634ef5bbc5
  4. When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Win + S, my search background is black. Any idea as to why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hawttuna [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ls1p3r/when_i_press_win_s_my_search_background_is_black/
  5. Black background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black background: I switched on this morning and the desktop background had gone black, went to personalisation, etc, etc. , changed the colour back to blue - but can't see for the life of me how to apply this or avoid having to do it again. No apply button, enter button, save button, so as...
  6. Windows Search blacked out!!

in Cortana
    Windows Search blacked out!!: I use 3 finger gesture for windows search, As soon as i search any thing it gets blacked out.... [ATTACH] In this it detects the pdf Reader but doesn't show the app So , when i click on the white bar at the top I can see the full window like [ATTACH] clicking on the...
  7. Win10 search box starts blacked out...

in Cortana
    Win10 search box starts blacked out...: Hi, When selecting the search facility the box appears completely blacked out. If I click in the box the normal contents then appear. Once I enter a search word the results do not appear and the box returns to black, again if I click in the box the results then appear....
  8. Windows search bar blacked out

in Cortana
    Windows search bar blacked out: Hello, My windows search bar is not working and only shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-blacked-out/26330fe7-494c-4481-b8e4-8f4410d058a1"
  9. Black background

Black background: When I switched un my computer this morning it asked for a password. I was horrified because with Microsoft help I did away with the password option a few years ago. I switched off and took out battery and when I powered up again it seemed fine but the background is black...
  10. Black background

Black background: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my desktop theme/picture is fine, but my task bar and all other screens have a black back ground. How do I change this? 38382