Windows 10: Opening side by side multiple windows?

Discus and support Opening side by side multiple windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thecruiser, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Opening side by side multiple windows?

Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how exactly are you suppose to do that? *Confused

:)

thecruiser, Nov 19, 2018

2. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Opening side by side multiple windows?

Deleting Multiple Email from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• Type mail in the search box to open mail app.
    • click on the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
    • click on enter selection mode in the search
      area.
    • click on multiple emails and click on delete.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Opening side by side multiple windows?

1. Opening side by side multiple windows? - Similar Threads - Opening side side

2. side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    side-by-side configuration is incorrect.: Getting error message after running command "B2BServer.exe /regserver " The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is in correct. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. I ran the below...
  3. Side by side error when installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Side by side error when installing: Hi I've just reinstalled my PC and just adding the same apps I had before. For some reason I can't install the Samsung Smart switch program. I get this error: Was running fine on Windows 10 before. Please help. Thx...
  4. Side by side windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0
  5. Side by Side error for a game application

in Windows 10 Support
    Side by Side error for a game application: Hi for some reason I am getting the "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." on a game I want to play and I'm not sure how to fix this....
  6. "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Side-by-side configuration is incorrect": Does anyone know anything about this error message that I'm getting when I'm trying to start Logitech Setpoint in Windows 10 64 bit? Apparently it's relatively common for all sorts of applications. 56309
  7. Displaying Windows side by side How?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Displaying Windows side by side How?: I have a large screen monitor which is wide enough and high enough to display 2 A4 size sheets in portrait orientation side by side. I have just moved to Windows 10 with this machine and it refuses to position two windows in this manner. I have been using the task bar, right...
  8. Side by side configuration incorrect

in Windows 10 Support
    Side by side configuration incorrect: Hi I have sorted it after much fighting ... Had to manually delete the files suggested here .. Ask Sage - How to completely remove Sage Accounts 're installed and all was well
  9. Side X Side

in Windows 10 Support
    Side X Side: When I click on Show Windows side by side, It shows Windows stacked. When I click on show stacked, It shows stacked. 35459
  10. side by side problem

in Windows 10 Support
    side by side problem: I'm trying to update my Navman gps through there web site but when i plug it into a USB port I get an error message which reads:- "failed because its side by side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace toolfor more...