Windows 10: Opening side by side multiple windows?

Discus and support Opening side by side multiple windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thecruiser, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Opening side by side multiple windows?

Windows 10 apparently doesn't allow multiple windows side by side. In some (most?) forums where you 'drag' pics to a "box" to attach to a post,... how exactly are you suppose to do that? *Confused

:)

thecruiser, Nov 19, 2018

2. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Opening side by side multiple windows?

Deleting Multiple Email from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• Type mail in the search box to open mail app.
    • click on the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
    • click on enter selection mode in the search
      area.
    • click on multiple emails and click on delete.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Opening side by side multiple windows?

1. Opening side by side multiple windows? - Similar Threads - Opening side side

2. Open two windows , then put them side by side

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open two windows , then put them side by side: I want to be able to open two windows on the computer screen, then put them side by side. I have looked at all the windows 10 forums and still no luck. The answers did not match my windows 10 0/S system/ My computer is new in Jan 2021. Thanks [Original subject:...
  3. Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side

Multiple monitors - portrait - side by side: When I set my two monitors into portrait mode and place them "side-by-side" which actually is "top-to-bottom", the desktop background picture looks fine, distributed across both monitors. But when I fire up something like Youtube, my browser only shows on one monitor, and...
  4. Multiple windows will only appear side by side.

Multiple windows will only appear side by side.: An update changed my computer so that I can no longer view more than 2 windows at a time or move them around or reduce their size so that they take up less than the entire screen--I can have 1 window taking up the entire screen or 2 windows side-by-side taking up the entire...
  5. "Show windows side by side"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  6. "Show windows side by side"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  7. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...
  8. Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??

Multiple desktops side by side in Ultra-Wide??: With Ultra-wide becoming more prevalent this is a must. I want to be able to do what you can do with multiple monitors, but with a single display that is ultra-wide. Imagine being able to run a program in 'full-screen' with the benefits of a seamless border but not...
  9. viewing windows side by side

viewing windows side by side: When I have two open windows showing and I right-click on the taskbar and select "Show windows side by side" one of the windows is placed above the other one (similar to the "show windows stacked" command, but without widening the windows to the full width of the screen)....
  10. Side by side windows

Side by side windows: How can I open 2 windows side by side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/side-by-side-windows/29ab9fb4-4bcf-43d4-a6d5-2db416bef5a0