Windows 10: Opening the Start Menu freezes PC

Discus and support Opening the Start Menu freezes PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started to face an issue on my windows 10, whenever i i open the start menu, i am unable to perform a search and after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PrasenjitHumane, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Opening the Start Menu freezes PC

Hello,

I recently started to face an issue on my windows 10, whenever i i open the start menu, i am unable to perform a search and after a few seconds, my system freezes. Same issue persists.

Not sure what is causing this problem, can anyone please shed some light on this issue and help me solve this problem.

Thanks,

Pras

:)

PrasenjitHumane, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Freeze or Malfuction Start menu Windows 10

Hello,

The possible causes of this issue are updates not being installed properly or corrupted system files. To determine its cause, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any recent changes made on your PC prior to this?
    • Is your PC updated?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article: Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu
    or Cortana
    . Click on Show all, and you'll be provided with different troubleshooting steps that you can follow to help resolve your concern.

Kindly update us with the results. We'll be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Maria Fab, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Opening the Start Menu freezes PC

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Opening the Start Menu freezes PC

1. Opening the Start Menu freezes PC - Similar Threads - Opening Start Menu

2. OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze: If I have both OBS and Spotify running, and I open the Start Menu, any random Start Menu open-action crashes/freezes the PC. Playing the music and/or having more things open seems to make the issue more frequent. OBS settings seem irrelevant. I've tried reinstalling audio...
  3. OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze: If I have both OBS and Spotify running, and I open the Start Menu, any random Start Menu open-action crashes/freezes the PC. Playing the music and/or having more things open seems to make the issue more frequent. OBS settings seem irrelevant. I've tried reinstalling audio...
  4. OBS+Spotify then Open-Start-Menu = PC Crash/Freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  6. Start menu freezes

Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  7. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Start Menu is not opening

Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  9. Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Open the Boot Menu at PC Start Automatically?: I have 2 operating systems on my PC (on one SSD) and I always have to press F11 before Windows starts for this boot menu or something... How do I make it start automatically/is that possible? Boot Menu bei PC Start Automatisch öffnen?
  10. Start Menu Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Freeze: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. No incompatibilities were reported during that process and W10 worked fine on my primary user account. Several days after the install, I went to set up my wife's infrequently used second user. I got there...