Windows 10: Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps

Discus and support Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated my windows 10 KB4541738 and after the update, windows is not opening as intended. Windows apps are not opening, explorer does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jden25, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Jden25 Win User

Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps

I recently updated my windows 10 KB4541738 and after the update, windows is not opening as intended. Windows apps are not opening, explorer does not open even when manually running it, settings doesn't open at any way, and also creating another user is unavailable. Tried uninstalling the update but no luck. Tried uninstalling it in the windows recovery, failed. tried uninstalling in control panel, failed.

I'm considering about resetting my pc but if there's any other fix out there, I would truly appreciate it!

:)

Jden25, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps :p

Frick, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Opening the windows explorer, or any other windows apps - Similar Threads - Opening explorer apps

2. Open File Explorer window popping in front of other open windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open File Explorer window popping in front of other open windows.: I am using Windows 11 and recently, my File Explorer window started popping up in front of other windows after opening a file. How do you prevent open File Explorer windows from popping in front of other open windows? This just started happening and is very disruptive. I have...
  3. Open File Explorer window popping in front of other open windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open File Explorer window popping in front of other open windows.: I am using Windows 11 and recently, my File Explorer window started popping up in front of other windows after opening a file. How do you prevent open File Explorer windows from popping in front of other open windows? This just started happening and is very disruptive. I have...
  4. New App windows opening in other monitor

New App windows opening in other monitor: Hi, I am a software developer and am extremely busy. I have two monitors and Windows 10. It is extremely frustrating to have to chase new windows around when they open. I would like new app windows, for example Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, to open in the monitor with...
  5. New App windows opening in other monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    New App windows opening in other monitor: Hi, I am a software developer and am extremely busy. I have two monitors and Windows 10. It is extremely frustrating to have to chase new windows around when they open. I would like new app windows, for example Windows Explorer, aka File Explorer, to open in the monitor with...
  6. New App windows opening in other monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How do I open FOLDERS with an app other than Windows Explorer?

How do I open FOLDERS with an app other than Windows Explorer?: Recently found an app great for navigating through files and folders. But it would only open zip files with the app, and there is no protocol setting to let me open it with the app. I want to open all folders with the app. Is there any way to do so? Thanks in advance....
  8. unable to open any app in windows

unable to open any app in windows: hii, i am unable to open any windows app on my pc first i thought that it is due to that i have not update latest world but i have update to latest version of windows 10 but if i open any app [ for example if i open windows store to download any app but the store and shows...
  9. Windows can not open word and other apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can not open word and other apps: Hi, After I updated my system with the latest Windows update KB 4559309 I am having problem opening Ms Office and other applications. The shortcut points to the right exe file, the file exists but I get the message "Windows can not find C:\....\winword.exe" Make sure you...
  10. Making explorer open windows beside each other

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making explorer open windows beside each other: Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and...